Lilybljm

Songster
6 Years
Jul 11, 2017
One of my girls has foamy eye disease from over-mating and it’s quite sunken and swollen. At first I thought her eye had been pecked out and panicked, but it seems to still be there behind the swelling. She’s still eating and drinking, but her eye looks really bad. I could bring to the vet ER if necessary but I have saline solution and have her isolated. I know I need to rinse it out with the saline quite often but is there any other medication or remedy I should use or should I just take her to the vet? The tractor supply near me might have some antibiotics but I wouldn’t know the dosage. She’s a call so she’s quite tiny. I’m really really worried for her.

Foamy eye disease from over mating? Foamy eyes are usually a sign of a respiratory disease.
Can you take a clear short video and upload it to YouTube of this particular birds head/eyes?

Foamy eye disease from over mating? Foamy eyes are usually a sign of a respiratory disease.
Can you take a clear short video and upload it to YouTube of this particular birds head/eyes?
I found multiple sources saying that can happen and she has absolutely no respiratory symptoms. I know she is being over mated because she is the favorite of the males and is missing most of her neck and head feathers at this point. I will be posting pictures here when I get home but I can’t right now unfortunately. I’m stuck at work for the next 90 mins.

Drakes grab hold where it’s convenient which means eyes can get injured. You need to remove her from the drakes and start treatment. I hope your TSC has the Terramycin.

Drakes grab hold where it’s convenient which means eyes can get injured. You need to remove her from the drakes and start treatment. I hope your TSC has the Terramycin.
Did that right away. I’m just gonna stop there on my home and hope they have it. If they don’t I’ll probably go to the vet.

Back
Top Bottom