Foot Injury

Pics

jllracer55

Chirping
May 23, 2017
Looking for some advice as to what might be going wrong with this chickens left foot? She is limping from it quite excessively.

Attachments

• 20190209_171020.jpg
    20190209_171020.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 40
You can look around at local stores for fish antibiotics. But many things are available online. The fish antibiotics are the same amoxicillin chemically. There are also antibiotics for pigeons that many use on chickens, such as baytril or canker medicines. It is up to you whether to use them or not, but many people here on the forum use them on their chickens.

Where you are affects the availability of medications greatly (I’m not sure if you mentioned where you’re located at all). I don’t think the Vetericyn could make it worse. Many medications are essentially the same, just not labeled for use in other animals (like the fish-mox). I would trust the advice you’ve been given about using it for your bird, the swelling and yellowish color does look like it could be an infection. Best wishes, and hoping for positive changes for your Girl!:hugs

The Baytril is an oral antibiotic as well... I don’t know how long it takes to get to you shipping wise, but the sooner you order the sooner it gets there. (I spent the same amount on the shipping as I did the Baytril I ordered, and it got to me within a week from California to Canada) Also, if you order it you can order extra, and if you need it again you will have it on hand right away... just my thinking on it.

Back
Top Bottom