For sale in NC Florida Area - Liege Fighter / Luikse Vechter*

Digby57

Songster
Jun 21, 2017
***Pick up on farm only. We're located between/west of Gainesville and Ocala.***

***Liege Game / Fighters, aka Luikse Vechter between 3 and 5 months old for sale.***

I have several good to high quality cockerels (currently 15) that I am culling down to 3 keeper roosters for my 2019 breeding. I will also have 5 to 6 hens available later in fall that I will be selling paired with a stag. I will probably also have my last adult breeding pair from 2017 ("Tiger" and "Pretty Girl") available for sale later this year or early 2019. I have already sold or given away the other 9 from the first year breeding group.

These are second generation bred from Greenfire stock I originally bought in August of 2017. If you've researched this breed you will know that these particular birds are no longer game. Mine are living together in a yard of 15 stags and an adult male along with 18 hens (34 total in the same yard). I have no fighting in the flock and they are left completely free range and unattended between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm on a farm with plenty of predator pressure. They are only inside of four-board horse fence and are completely free to roam during the day. I let them on to bahia pasture at 8 weeks and have had only 2 losses and both were last year with no adult roosters on patrol and 1 loss in 2018 of a young cockerel. If you have reasonable expectations then this breed is really a tough bird for free range and make great flock masters or companions for your existing flock. This is the purpose I am breeding them for. I have had no issues with summer heat, but they have a shady area available at all hours. they are well fed and very healthy and clean.

Big variety of excellent colors on the cockerels currently available (hens will also be available once my breeding clans are established. PM me for prices or with questions on future availability. I will ask what you're interested in and get you specific pics of what I have available. My prices will be in line and I am breeding for size and flock master qualities. I will have limited numbers of pairs and lone cockerels available again in spring/summer of 2019 and each spring after. I am keeping a small flock and culling very aggressively for the best size and athleticism and selecting for upright and large hens that lay predictably. These are not strong layers, but their meat is good free range quality if grown out.

Let me know if any you have any questions or search here on the forums or elsewhere about this breed, there is some good information out there.

They are truly something to see in person.

Last edited:
To answer some price questions, I have some cockerels I would let go for $30 each, and some that are $100 each. At the point that I am ready to cull some pullets I will be pricing pairs at $100 and up, or trios at $120 and up.

I'm sold out until May 2019. Thanks to those who have shown interest, I have you on my list to contact when I have new chicks hatched and started.

***Pick up on farm only. We're located between/west of Gainesville and Ocala.***

***Liege Game / Fighters, aka Luikse Vechter between 3 and 5 months old for sale.***

I have several good to high quality cockerels (currently 15) that I am culling down to 3 keeper roosters for my 2019 breeding. I will also have 5 to 6 hens available later in fall that I will be selling paired with a stag. I will probably also have my last adult breeding pair from 2017 ("Tiger" and "Pretty Girl") available for sale later this year or early 2019. I have already sold or given away the other 9 from the first year breeding group.

These are second generation bred from Greenfire stock I originally bought in August of 2017. If you've researched this breed you will know that these particular birds are no longer game. Mine are living together in a yard of 15 stags and an adult male along with 18 hens (34 total in the same yard). I have no fighting in the flock and they are left completely free range and unattended between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm on a farm with plenty of predator pressure. They are only inside of four-board horse fence and are completely free to roam during the day. I let them on to bahia pasture at 8 weeks and have had only 2 losses and both were last year with no adult roosters on patrol and 1 loss in 2018 of a young cockerel. If you have reasonable expectations then this breed is really a tough bird for free range and make great flock masters or companions for your existing flock. This is the purpose I am breeding them for. I have had no issues with summer heat, but they have a shady area available at all hours. they are well fed and very healthy and clean.

Big variety of excellent colors on the cockerels currently available (hens will also be available once my breeding clans are established. PM me for prices or with questions on future availability. I will ask what you're interested in and get you specific pics of what I have available. My prices will be in line and I am breeding for size and flock master qualities. I will have limited numbers of pairs and lone cockerels available again in spring/summer of 2019 and each spring after. I am keeping a small flock and culling very aggressively for the best size and athleticism and selecting for upright and large hens that lay predictably. These are not strong layers, but their meat is good free range quality if grown out.

Let me know if any you have any questions or search here on the forums or elsewhere about this breed, there is some good information out there.

Hello Digby57
Are you still breeding Liege Fighters? If so, I am interested in a couple of cockerels. Please let me know. Thanks! Ken (619) 688-1220.

We are getting close to the next round of availability. Pick-up on farm, or we can meet up if the distance is reasonable - I have done that before in certain circumstances. Please be aware this is a working farm and I can't accommodate all requests.

We will have new pullets, cockerels, pairs and trios available in 3 to 4 months, so please let me know now if you are looking for this breed locally.

We don't breed a lot, just enough to keep improving our lines and for our own uses for eggs and meat and pest control. Its funny looking back now, we used to be very mindful of hawks etc. I don't even think about hawks any more. Young hawks come in close for a look, rarely they make a move, and they just have no chance. I have seen roosters (even young cockerels) whip hawks on several occasions with my own eyes. If you wait until they're old enough to fend for themselves they really can protect your flock with practically zero additional supervision.

I am looking for a liege fighter. My small flock(9-3 month old chickens) are all related through same rooster. Looking for new blood and flock protection. Can't tell yet, but looks like 4 cockerels I have to get rid of. Saw on post you raise them near me(Micanopy) could also use fertilized eggs.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom