Fostering Dog for A Friend in the Marines **Update Owner Now Home pg. 4

Quote:
I'm located in Central Virginia, and I'd be willing to drive a leg, too. I could meet somebody at the VA/NC border, then transport to Northern VA.

Let's do this! No sense them paying an airline to ship the dog, if they don't have to.

Wow. You guys are amazing.
big_smile.png
hugs.gif

Just heard that there may be a Marine headed up this way on leave soon who might be willing to bring the dog up here.
smile.png
Will know in a couple days. But it is great to know there is a back-up plan.

Plus I got two leads on other alternatives. One is Operation Roger. This is a group of truckers who are willing to transport rescues and fosters. And there is a similar group of private pilots who donate their time to fly rescues and fosters to new homes.

I keep everyone updated. Who knows when my friend comes back we just might need help with reuniting pet and owner. Hmm perhaps I should find out what the dog's name is.
smile.png
Other than an older Lab who likes kids and gets along with other dogs I don't know much about him.

Okay here's the deal. Just found out that the Marine who is coming home on leave can't bring the dog.
sad.png
So the caravan deal is now on the table for a go. Don't have all the details yet since I can't talk to my friend until tonight. Then I can get the exact location for the starting point and a better timeframe. So anyone who is willing to take a leg of the trip (even a few miles) or keep Slim overnight if need be please let me know and I can start figuring out how this can happen.
smile.png

Keep us posted on where in NC the dog is and the potential route up from the south. I'm still willing to do a leg. I'm guessing 95 North, unless he's on the western side of NC, then it would be 81 N up then cut over to 95. If need be I could probably handle an overnight visit. Feel free to PM me if you need to.

Quote:
I'm located in Central Virginia, and I'd be willing to drive a leg, too. I could meet somebody at the VA/NC border, then transport to Northern VA.

Let's do this! No sense them paying an airline to ship the dog, if they don't have to.

Agreed! Keep us updated on the starting location and timeframe, with all the wonderful folks on BYC, I just know we can get that precious pup on the roadtrip of his lifetime!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom