muddy75

Micro-Rancher
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Aug 17, 2018
southern indiana
My Coop
My Coop
We processed most of our remaining Cornish Cross this weekend. As we were cutting some into halves, etc we came across one that had green color to the breast meat 🤢 we set that meat aside and I frantically started searching this forum, google etc to see if I could figure it out! Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, what did you do?

792B736E-D08F-4C8D-92D1-798801E7FF58.jpeg

@Molpet
Did you have a bird with this?
Yes, from trying to fly to keep up with barred rock sister.
They say caused from too much panic wing movement. Usually tractor birds when mower, predators scare and they flap too much in a panic.
Cut out and rest is good. People have found grocery store birds with it

They say caused from too much panic wing movement. Usually tractor birds when mower, predators scare and they flap too much in a panic.
Yes, I was just reading that the flapping of the wings can damage the muscle or something.

This was my first time pasture-raising vs enclosed pen. That explanation makes sense but kinda surprised that it was only 1 bird out of 25+ that I raised that way 🤔

Back
Top Bottom