Found injured chicken

How is she behaving? Active? Eating and drinking? Trying to run?
I’m not sure every time I go to check she’s just sitting there, I’m keeping up with her my dog who’s still going crazy and my 6 month old until hubby gets home. She’s moving her legs to scratch when I pick her up but it’s clear she’s not got much energy to put up a fight.

She should be okay in there overnight. Make sure the top is covered by something well ventilated so she doesn't escape. If you have a bigger box, that would be best.

Don't forget to dip her beak in the water/nutri-drench to encourage drinking.
Okay, I’ll get that ready now. And try and find something larger.

In the morning, when she has a little bit more energy, offer her some kind of protein, like tuna or chicken. They usually love meat. It should boost her energy a little bit, too. And of course, make sure she's drinking (dip her beak every so often if she's not doing it on her own)

I have goat nutri drench is that the same? We aren’t equipped to deal with chickens, we had ducks years ago and that’s the only experience I have with birds. Also not sure if it’s a male or female.
Yes it is pretty much the same.
Are you planning on keeping this bird?

The dosage is 1 1/2 teaspoons per gall on of drinking water. Offer that and sugar water. Dip her beak, and try to get her to drink as much as possible. This will help her recover from shock.
Okay I’ll try that every so often.

In the morning, when she has a little bit more energy, offer her some kind of protein, like tuna or chicken. They usually love meat. It should boost her energy a little bit, too. And of course, make sure she's drinking (dip her beak every so often if she's not doing it on her own)
Okay we have some tuna in the cupboard and I’m getting the nutri drench water ready now to offer her.

Back
Top Bottom