Found rooster in snow injured

Patti G

Chirping
10 Years
Mar 20, 2012
Need a little help please!
Came home from work this afternoon,went to feed & couldn't find my adult Delaware rooster, looked all around the barn and saw some feathers out beyond the barn, followed and what I found was horrible! There was my beautiful rooster in a bank of snow, bleeding from his comb, no tail feathers at all, just a bloody area where they once we're! He also had a lot of feathers that had been pulled out from his neck area but no wounds, (bite marks). I have taken him to the barn put him in a small carrier with straw, cleaned his wound, fed, watered and put a heat lamp up, (its 20 degrees here). He is now dry, ate a small amount of food and drank some water. What could have caused this awful attack? We do have several small ( 5 month old) males that have all grown up together with this particular rooster, could they have 'ganged up' and tried to take over his post?
Any suggestions on treatment? we have a small farm where we have 9 chickens, goats,and our dogs and cats.
Thank you for any help you all can provide
Sincerely
Patti Gouge
gap goats farm

Thank you so much for your reply. The other males will definatley be finding a new home if he makes it thru this!!!

Back
Top Bottom