fox in tree

treeclimber233

Songster
12 Years
Nov 12, 2007
Tonight when I was finishing feeding I happened to look across the horse pasture and noticed eye shine in a tree. I went to get a closer look expecting a raccoon but instead it was a fox!!!!! It was at least 15-20 feet up in the tree. What the heck????? It was not the least bit nervous with me and my husband shining two flash lights on it. The bottom limbs were at least 6 feet off the ground and they were only nubs about 6-8 inches in length. How (and why) did he get there???? Anybody else ever see a fox in a tree?????

Quote:
You beat me to it. I was going to post that.

I've never seen one in a tree, but I have seen a gray fox b4. It was really quite pretty.

I work at a Hospital and we had a fox running around the grounds. I work on the ground floor. Hospital security was chasing it all over. Some of our patients described it as the Keystone Cops trying to catch it. It would curl up outside patients windows and sleep. It did climb trees about 10-15 feet high and curl up and sleep. It wasn't hurting anyone and of course their were no chickens around. We all enjoyed the fox. Eventually it moved on.

Quote:
Never have seen a red fox in a tree but we have a few grays here that will climb our Russian Mulberry for the fruit.

My brother once found a Gray Fox kit when it was real little. He raised it up and kept it as a pet. It was real friendly and sweet like any other dog. I was amazed to see it could climb and jump anything as well as my cat! It could go up a vertical wall! The Gray Fox around me are usually more secretive, and I don't see them around the chickens like I do the Red.

wow odd..................................................................................................................................................................................

Back
Top Bottom