FREE - 1 dozen BBS Orp eggs - Central Va. - Winners!!

This was a very hard desicion to make but we do have a winner and a first runner up.

For those who asked why I give away eggs - it is my way of repaying BYC for all the things it gives to me. I am very happy and very blessed to apart of this forum.

The winner is:

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy :

I've been good. (I feel like a kid here waving a flag that I cleaned my room, got all the spelling words right, and was nice to crazy Aunt Agnus.) But it's the truth, really I have.
My coops are preditor proof, warm and cozy, clean and have plenty of fresh air. I built a PrissyBator and have mutt eggs in there right now on day 20. It works, I have a peep this morning. I'm not keeping the mutts...they've been promised to a local family for their freezer because these are a test hatch before getting the birds I really want. I've listened to the lessons about flock management and really did quarantine the birds I got in November for 5 weeks before introducing them to my flock. I don't buy chicks on impulse. I'm all about getting the birds that will live long and prosper not just be laying machines for a year but have their insides fall out one day. I've been soo good.
I rescued a barred rock hen and a RIR roo in February from a bad situation. The roo had to be euthanized because both feet had frozen off and all he had left were stumps. Like a trooper I cooked him for the dogs so he wouldn't be wasted. I've been good.
I've been thinking about this since last night. But most of all, if you pick someone else I will be genuinely thrilled for them. Good luck to all and thank you Miss Prissy!

Being responsible with chickens is a tough job. Sometimes doing everything we can just isn't enough to keep them safe. I applaud your putting in the effort and seeing that chickens can be our pets as well as livestock and they do serve more than one purpose. Even the worst circumstances rising to the occassion and doing the right thing is hard. Not wasting that rooster was precisely how we try to live. Use everything and make the best out of the worst.

First runner-up -

Quote:
This is one of my greatest fears. It worries me and sets my OCD off when we have to be away from home for a few days. I am very sorry for your loss. If I could send bunny eggs I would.
hugs.gif

Ladies, my PM box is sort of stuck. Please use the email address under my avatar and send me your mailing address. Include a phone number if you want to pick up your box from the PO.

Leah - yours will go out today.

Sue yours will go out tomorrow (maybe today, I haven't collect eggs yet).

Thank you all and I look forward to doing this again.
smile.png

I
love.gif
BYC!​

Congrats to the winners
big_smile.png
I'll have to get busy and advertise my art/ greeting cards more so I can sale enough to have $$ in my Paypal to buy some of these lovely eggs ASAP. I know you will love them. BBS Orps. are the best!

Back
Top Bottom