FREE Buff Cochins in Waynesboro, VA - Prob Bantams

kathyAtABetterWayFarm

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Waynesboro, VA
Hi I have 8 buff Cochins, almost 5 months old available for free. No shipping, pick up only please. 7 of the 8 are roosters. The hen goes last. If you take all, you get the hen too.
smile.png

I THINK they are bantams. I bought them at a poultry swap and was told they were standard size but here we are, they are almost 5 months old, and they are the size of bantams. I bought three other breeds of chicks that are two months YOUNGER than these Cochin and they outgrew the Cochins over a month ago and they are now way bigger than the Cochins.... sooo, I'm thinking bantams unless they grow FREAKISHLY slow. I've been told they do grow slow, but idk if they grow THAT slow.

I don't want them because #1 I was looking for egg layers, not pets. They guy told me they were good egg layers which I've since found they are not. #2, if they are bantams indeed, their eggs will be too small anyhow and #3, 7 of the 8 are roos!!! So overall, not a good purchase for me! No sense in having 8 more mouths to feed if they aren't producing anything.

Hoping someone will be interested in them. They are sweet and pretty cute, but including them I have 35 chickens and don't need 8 that aren't doing any good. (sorry). lol

Kathy

Back
Top Bottom