!*! FREE chicks from IDEAL !*! You're not going to believe this!!!

jmsim93

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 29, 2009
East Texas
Okay...so I have a wild story! I have recently lost several chickens to predation and decided I needed to go ahead and order some more chicks now so that I wouldn't have to start from scratch if I continued to lose more. Well, I had $35 to spend on replacement pullets and decided on 6 EE and 5 Leghorns from Ideal. I placed my order and was a given a delivery date in 2 weeks. A week later, I had the opportunity to purchase 6 RIR cross pullets that were just beginning to lay for the same amount of money. I decided I would try this approach so I would not have to wait 6 - 8 months for eggs. I called Ideal and cancelled my order. That was over a week ago. Well, yesterday morning at 7:45am the phone rang and my local postmaster told my husband that our new babies were ready to be picked up!!!!!! I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK!!!!! I was completely shell-shocked! I had no brooder set up...no chick starter, no pine shavings, no waterers and feeders cleaned, ect... I was the one running around like a chicken.
wee.gif
When we opened the box, there were my 11 pullets and 13 BR males! 24 in all! I had some layer crumbles and decided to go ahead and let them eat that until I could make a fast trip to the feed store. I called Ideal and explained that I had cancelled the order over a week ago. They apologized for the mistake and told me I could do what I wanted with the chicks because they cannot take them back. Needless to say, it was a shock...but I am enjoying having the little fuzzy butts around.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom