Free Egg Incubation Software, New Release.

Pics
Thanks everybody.

Ok I'm not sure if this makes sense, but here is what I've been playing with.
Screenshot.png

Would something like this work? It'd probably be wise to add egg weight loss % for every day as well as total % of egg weight loss.

Hopefully this will give us something to work with.

Thanks

mill-j

Thanks everybody.

Ok I'm not sure if this makes sense, but here is what I've been playing with.View attachment 1885269
Would something like this work? It'd probably be wise to add egg weight loss % for every day as well as total % of egg weight loss.

Hopefully this will give us something to work with.

Thanks

mill-j
:wee:wee

@ChickenCanoe could you get me a sample report of information(dates, percentages, color etc) you'd like to see when you're done with a hatch.

I've never used excel so I'm not sure how this would work but I might be able to add it to where you can export a .csv file with data that would potentially be useful later on in your spreadsheet.

Thanks

@ChickenCanoe could you get me a sample report of information(dates, percentages, color etc) you'd like to see when you're done with a hatch.

I've never used excel so I'm not sure how this would work but I might be able to add it to where you can export a .csv file with data that would potentially be useful later on in your spreadsheet.

Thanks
This would be fantastic!

Hello! I love your app! As I mentioned on the other thread, a time-stamped journal feature would be great, even for each individual egg.

Here are some more ideas based on what I like to record. I know some of these are pretty out there, but hey, they're just free ideas. I skimmed the thread, so sorry if I'm accidentally repeating someone else's thoughts.
- Colour of egg. You could even connect to the phone camera and have it detect the colour of the egg and put in the colour code. Upload a picture maybe?
- Egg shape??? You could get real scientific testing that "pullet versus bullet" theory, especially if you had the phone camera take a picture of the egg and figure out what shape it is mathemathically. Heck, with the right algorithm, you could make an app that predicts the sex of the chick by taking a picture of the egg (assuming there's any truth to it). Like, maybe not very accurately, but people would download the app, lol
- Time-stamped input for when various developmental stages happened. I try to make a point not to use stragglers as breeding stock, for instance. It'd be neat to graph development, like when the blood island formed, when heartbeat was seen, etc. Could upload pictures of what it looked like then, too.
- Temperature, humidity recordings graphed over time (preferably with the instrument itself indicated as well, as I have multiple thermometers)
- daily duties, such as turning, misting, etc could have inputs
- Egg history: when was it laid, how was it stored, was it turned, was it shipped, how often has this hen been laying? (if you're breeding for really dark eggs and recording egg colour, frequency of lay can matter) etc.
- Egg condition/quality: damaged air cells, cracks, double yolker, etc
- Egg events: temperature spikes, power outage, cracks, whatever, that apply to individual eggs or batches. For instance, I have a thermometer gun that I'll shoot at each egg to check for hot spots.
- Which incubator I'm using (most of us own multiple, and I'm sure some are better than others).
- or if I'm using a broody
- Custom tags (damaged, shipped, blue, aged, pullet, whatever tag you want) so you can compare
- If it gets really complex, the app could inform the user of any correlation with hatch rates, even if the user isn't looking (like maybe it's better to start your incubation on the new moon as opposed to the old moon, ya never know, or maybe a certain hen has low hatch rates -- that one is more likely)
- lunar phases? haha
- I'd like something that connects to a pedigree/genetics app, but that's whole thing

Hello! I love your app! As I mentioned on the other thread, a time-stamped journal feature would be great, even for each individual egg.
Thanks. I'm planning on having a comments section for every egg. Perhaps I can add a comment for every day(for every egg) along with the weight.

Here are some more ideas based on what I like to record. I know some of these are pretty out there, but hey, they're just free ideas. I skimmed the thread, so sorry if I'm accidentally repeating someone else's thoughts.
- Colour of egg. You could even connect to the phone camera and have it detect the colour of the egg and put in the colour code. Upload a picture maybe?
- Egg shape??? You could get real scientific testing that "pullet versus bullet" theory, especially if you had the phone camera take a picture of the egg and figure out what shape it is mathemathically. Heck, with the right algorithm, you could make an app that predicts the sex of the chick by taking a picture of the egg (assuming there's any truth to it). Like, maybe not very accurately, but people would download the app, lol
I plan on making the Color and Shape dropdowns customizable (Minus the pictures;))

- Time-stamped input for when various developmental stages happened. I try to make a point not to use stragglers as breeding stock, for instance. It'd be neat to graph development, like when the blood island formed, when heartbeat was seen, etc. Could upload pictures of what it looked like then, too.
Daily comments should be able to cover this as well.

- Temperature, humidity recordings graphed over time (preferably with the instrument itself indicated as well, as I have multiple thermometers)
This would perhaps be useful, however I'd rather work with (or develop) a sensor that logs that data directly to the app. Not likely to ever happen though...

- daily duties, such as turning, misting, etc could have inputs
Daily comments should be able to cover this as well.

- Egg history: when was it laid, how was it stored, was it turned, was it shipped, how often has this hen been laying? (if you're breeding for really dark eggs and recording egg colour, frequency of lay can matter) etc.
- Egg condition/quality: damaged air cells, cracks, double yolker, etc
- Egg events: temperature spikes, power outage, cracks, whatever, that apply to individual eggs or batches. For instance, I have a thermometer gun that I'll shoot at each egg to check for hot spots.
Minus the temps, the egg comments should make it easier to store this info.

- Which incubator I'm using (most of us own multiple, and I'm sure some are better than others).
- or if I'm using a broody
This would be useful. And you could probably get by with adding a broody as an incubator:oops:

- Custom tags (damaged, shipped, blue, aged, pullet, whatever tag you want) so you can compare
This could be useful as well.

- If it gets really complex, the app could inform the user of any correlation with hatch rates, even if the user isn't looking (like maybe it's better to start your incubation on the new moon as opposed to the old moon, ya never know, or maybe a certain hen has low hatch rates -- that one is more likely)
- lunar phases? haha
- I'd like something that connects to a pedigree/genetics app, but that's whole thing
:lau

Thanks for your ideas.

Back
Top Bottom