French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Cockatrice6420

Cockatrice6420 Chillin' With My Peeps

I watched my neighbor de-budding a goat. They were just starting to grow, I remember them stinking as they were ground down and putting some sort of anti fungal on the nubs when done.

2. Cockatrice6420

Morning Sally! How about them peaches?

3. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    Sally's peaches?

4. Cockatrice6420

We used hot wire and fencing panels. I hate nubian goats, the best are lamachas (sp?), and I like alpine too.

5. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Ours had three trapdoors, one under the front staircase into a crawl space. House legend tells that it was used in the Underground Railroad. I don't see any practical use for a trapdoor over a cellar that had no utilities when built?

The second trapdoor was under the rear staircase and led to the cellar. I wish that one was still there, but it was closed off when the original oil furnace was installed to provide a path for ductwork to the back wing. Now we have to go outside to go to the cellar! Since the trapdoor ran at right angles to the floor joists, the framing is rather...interesting...in that area.

The third trapdoor was in the kitchen and went into the root cellar, which was at the front of the cellar. Since it was right in the walkway, the location was terrible (yes, let's open a gaping hole in the kitchen floor, right in the main walkway) I don't regret covering this one. But the framing alterations made to accomodate it were baffling to say the least!

6. Cockatrice6420

I'd love to be in a house like that, I'd run around like a kid! Over here most houses were put in during the great war and ww2, so small service houses. Other older houses are about as utilitarian as they were row houses for loggers.

7. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    Who ever built my house made everything the wrong size......I have to make my own doors.....and the ceiling fan is a real killer for tall people.

8. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Hey Walnut, are you still looking to move?

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    you lookin for trouble cowbow?

[​IMG]

10. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    well now little lady.....I don't recall having to ever look for trouble. It always knows where to find me.

wth is a cowbow?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by