French frogs

This pic is for the fishers and hunter among you!

gig.gif

Wow!  Sorry about the ones that you lost, but :fl  for the remaining.  Do Calls get broody?  Do momma calls have any better success?   

I candled that really full one of mine again last night.  Its still moving, but I don't know how it has any room in there, and I expect it will either hatch early, or suffocate.  Gonna check it again when I get home in a couple of hours. 
And I may have figured out part of my issue.  The vent on top got partially closed, I guess I hit it.  So I messed up the ventilation..  :(

Ugh, sorry about your vent... :hugs

Calls can go broody, just like other breeds... and you get same range levels of good and bad... but a good broody Call is awesome, but frightening to watch at hatching... it's hard to see a difference between a good momma tearing off shell and a bad one attacking them as they hatch... if any of mine go broody, I will let them and hope for the best... note the good ones afterwards...

Sorry about the little one Dan, nothing you could have done. Your ducklings are adorable!
smile.png
I know. Thanks!

Very cute!! Do you have vitamins to give it an extra boost? Might be wry neck and sometimes with extra vites it can correct... don't beat yourself up over the lost one, that was definitely not your fault nor anything you could do...
hugs.gif
Isn't it?! I'm pretty sure its a blue Swedish but I could be wrong
idunno.gif
Hmm, hadn't really thought about that
roll.png
I'll see what I can do. I'm not, I knew it was too late when I saw the yolk. Well I did do something, I put it out of its misery.

Not all my ducks are super friendly either... the adult flock of 10 Calls I bought this Fall are a bit standoffish... they will now come up to me at feeding and pool change time, but for the most part they do their own thing... it's only the ones I hatched and raised by hand that are super social...

I don't mind the others and give them their space... I let them approach when they want and only pick them up when I need to... they've warmed up a lot since I got them... :)

Thats all i do, ive read you can force em to learn ur not a threat but i use a wire covered platform to inspect feets, and they "handle" well, i can send em to any part of the 100 ft long duck yard... :confused: i jus leave em to be lay my eggs :D

Aren't they? I already do.

:clap:

Wow!  Sorry about the ones that you lost, but :fl  for the remaining.  Do Calls get broody?  Do momma calls have any better success?   

I candled that really full one of mine again last night.  Its still moving, but I don't know how it has any room in there, and I expect it will either hatch early, or suffocate.  Gonna check it again when I get home in a couple of hours. 
And I may have figured out part of my issue.  The vent on top got partially closed, I guess I hit it.  So I messed up the ventilation..  :(

:hugs could that really be the cause? Did u ever check temps on that date? An odd duck there ;)

Ever watch "Tanked" on tv?

Of course! Them aint eatn fish though and ive already got too many pets... Im tryn to learn livestock. Yall r lucky im not followin Dans suit and postin 100 pics of calves. Missed my best auction (profit) oppurtunity of the year :hit

Ugh, sorry about your vent...
hugs.gif

Calls can go broody, just like other breeds... and you get same range levels of good and bad... but a good broody Call is awesome, but frightening to watch at hatching... it's hard to see a difference between a good momma tearing off shell and a bad one attacking them as they hatch... if any of mine go broody, I will let them and hope for the best... note the good ones afterwards...

Oh I see! Interesting... I'd probably panic and grab the eggs, but that's where experience would make the difference.
Kinda like watching a drake grab a hen, and thinking that he's hurting her, when she's really enjoying it!
big_smile.png

:)  I know. Thanks!

Isn't it?! I'm pretty sure its a blue Swedish but I could be wrong :idunno Hmm, hadn't really thought about that :rolleyes:  I'll see what I can do. I'm not, I knew it was too late when I saw the yolk. Well I did do something, I put it out of its misery.

You did the right thing, hon... :hugs

See if you can get Nutri Drench or Poly Vi Sol without Iron... give 3x's a day to that one and any other crested or weaker looking ones... and put a bit in the waterer for them all... helps with the stress from the big move to new place and all...

Back
Top Bottom