French frogs

If you guys would be so kind as to let me get something off my chest if you would and although I know his accident wasn't my fault. All these years I've lived with the thought stuck in the back of my head....the deer he hit was crossing the road to come to my garden....and I've never came out and said anything to anyone about how that bothers me.
Enough said...thanks ....Phil

Happy you could say this out loud. I hope it helps lighten that burden. Guilt, even guilt not rooted in reality, haunts us all to one degree or another. I have my own demons but it's a powerful moment when you feel safe enough to share, thanks Phil, we are here for you!

The deer may have been coming to your garden or it may just have been crossing the road. There is no responsibility on your part in either scenario. You can let that one go.
hugs.gif

I honestly am not looking for anything....it is one of those..if only things...you know if only I had put a fence around my garden...I don't feel responsible...just that thought always bothered me.Partly because his brother Phil is one of my best friends and I worked for him since 1992..and I could never say anything to him. So I just took this moment too blurt it out...thank you all...enough bummer stuff. Heck I'm going to be a grandpa again tomorrow!!!!

I honestly am not looking for anything....it is one of those..if only things...you know if only I had put a fence around my garden...I don't feel responsible...just that thought always bothered me.Partly because his brother Phil is one of my best friends and I worked for him since 1992..and I could never say anything to him. So I just took this moment too blurt it out...thank you all...enough bummer stuff. Heck I'm going to be a grandpa again tomorrow!!!!
hugs.gif

Congrats!
thumbsup.gif
ya.gif

If you guys would be so kind as to let me get something off my chest if you would and although I know his accident wasn't my fault. All these years I've lived with the thought stuck in the back of my head....the deer he hit was crossing the road to come to my garden....and I've never came out and said anything to anyone about how that bothers me.
Enough said...thanks ....Phil

That deer could have crossed half a mile up or down, 50 feet up or down, or right there...a deer is a wild creature and does what its nature tells it to do. Fate played her cards, but you were in no way a contributing factor. Rest easy on that point, if nothing else.

Honestly I'm okay...it's really just the fact I could never tell anyone that for a long time that bothered me. And now I have...I really never meant for that to go so depressing. But unfortunately accidents can hit home.
And so can the lasting effects.

Honestly I'm okay...it's really just the fact I could never tell anyone that for a long time that bothered me. And now I have...I really never meant for that to go so depressing. But unfortunately accidents can hit home.
And so can the lasting effects.

Yes they can. but everyone is right, not your fault, do not go down that road. I am glad you could get it off your chest, sometimes people need to hear, it isn't your fault.

Back
Top Bottom