Fried Green Tomatoes!!!

Ugly Cowboy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 25, 2008
Corn, OK
I just ate fried green tomatoes for the first time and dear Lord, there downright good! If ya aint never tried 'em, do it! Salt 'n pepper 'em, dip 'em in milk, then flour, then egg, then seasoned bread crumbs, then fry 'em. Boy I caint tell ya how good they are, and I just felt like tellin folks that there worth tryin is all.

I have always wondered about those.
Lord knows I loved that movie.
wink.png

I had plenty of green tomatoes all summer, but was afraid of trying them because I heard you could get sick from them,(it has something to do with it being a nightshade) but then I heard that people eat them all the time.
So I guess if you are still alive in the morning I'll give them a try, but only if you rent the movie.
smile.png

We love fried green tomatoes. They are a staple here in summertime. Try cornmeal instead of flour and put some cayenne pepper on 'em.
wink.png

I am so glad that you posted on this subject. Now I know how to cook them....
gig.gif

My MIL gave me a bucket full of green tomatoes. WOOHOO, it is homemade veg. soup and fried green tomatoes tomorrow night.

I use cornmeal when I have it instead of flour too. So good! I love fried green tomato sandwiches and mayo!!

Back
Top Bottom