friendly hen

She looks like my Red Duck! She was a shoulder sitter in her younger days and yes, she used to quack. Friendliest bird in the flock and smart, too smart at times. Red Duck is a production red. Have not heard the name Warren before, this is a new bit of info, thank-you.

Hi peepacheep,
the things is i live in Ireland and they call them Warrens she is a fantastic hen. She is the best 12 euros i ever spent.

She is very happy today because i went to the feed store and got some layers mash and she loves it.

If you click on my avatar picture and look through the photo's you will see a sumatra with orange/brown colour on his hackles and saddle, he is young but a true gentleman he loves my warren.
His only downfall is he has the orange/brown colour.

Greetings from Oregon raph! Red Duck was a $2.50 day old chick from a feed store. She and another shoulder sitting production red, Benny, taught me very quickly the importance of never wearing earrings around chickens. Dang they are lightning fast! Beautiful Sumatra roo, really like your silhouette pictures of him. They would make lovely note cards. Is that a partridge Brahma??? Gorgeous. Hard to find them over here. I have 10 Buff Brahmas, nice easy going chickens.

She looks just like my 'Rusty'! (Sold to me as a 'red chicken' by the farm supplies shop - here in south-western France the locals care more about egg production than fancy names!)

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments.

Yes they are patridge brahmas they belong to my brother.
I bought them for him at our local show for 18 euros, he still has not payed me back.
I would love to buy some columbian brahmas, i used to have them in England when my mum and dad were together.
When bird was present in England my dad got rid of all his chicken, now he has about 20 birds, he has copper-black-marans, cream legbars, araucanas and appenzellar spitz haubens.

I, going to download a picture of my Araucanas and i think you would like it.
Make shore you look through my pictures

Back
Top Bottom