Frizzle of frazzle?

Boymama3

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2023
I have never heard of a frizzle or frazzle before. But we incubated some silkie eggs that we ordered online. The seller said there were a couple frazzle eggs. We thought we had 6 silkies but now that they’re 2 weeks old, one of their feathers are definitely curling out & looking different than the others.
My question is, is a frizzle or frazzle mixed with a silkie & a regular hen? Also, what is the difference between a frizzle & frazzle so I know what I even have lol
Thank you!

Attachments

• 939C2B3C-4A9B-4716-A9BF-9782EDAA1DE2.jpeg
    939C2B3C-4A9B-4716-A9BF-9782EDAA1DE2.jpeg
    445.5 KB · Views: 70
I have never heard of a frizzle or frazzle before. But we incubated some silkie eggs that we ordered online. The seller said there were a couple frazzle eggs. We thought we had 6 silkies but now that they’re 2 weeks old, one of their feathers are definitely curling out & looking different than the others.
My question is, is a frizzle or frazzle mixed with a silkie & a regular hen? Also, what is the difference between a frizzle & frazzle so I know what I even have lol
Thank you!
I don't think there is a differences between the two. I'd say it's just personal preference on what to call it, because I'd think they would mean the same thing. 😜
But your chick could be a frizzled silkie, or just a frizzle.

Thank you!
I've heard frizzle silkies are called sizzles. A frazzle is when they have too much of the frizzle gene making them have sparse feathers. I think I have a frazzle

Attachments

• 20230402_104556.jpg
    20230402_104556.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 36
Sizzle is a frizzle Silkie

Frizzle is a frizzle (not Silkie)

Frazzle is when you hatch two frizzle parents eggs. The chicks will not be healthy and could die before hatching after hatching or later. They won’t be healthy.

Back
Top Bottom