Frizzle rooster, bruised/ green wingtips

Chloesmama

Songster
10 Years
Mar 30, 2014
We have a one year old frizzle rooster who has green color/ bruises on both wingtips. He has seemed pretty unhealthy since his first molt. He has scraggly looking/ dry and brittle feathers and infected pin feathers at his tail.
He also seems slightly underweight. He does however, eat and drink and mate normally.

I am so confused by the color on his (almost bald) wingtips. I don't want to have him suffer if this is a sign of internal infection. We have been spraying his infected pin feathers with a general antibiotic spray to try and help, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Attachments

• PXL_20210622_183826415.jpg
    PXL_20210622_183826415.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20210622_183704215.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210622_183704215.MP.jpg
    930.2 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20210622_182017957.jpg
    PXL_20210622_182017957.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 9
Frankly, I have never seen such a scabrous bird. I suspect parasites of some sort to be doing that much damage overall. But I really do urge you to get him to a vet.

If this condition has not improved with the antibiotic spray, it may be something more serious than just a simple staph infection.

The possibilities are some sort of skin/feather mites or skin cancer.

Again, I urge you to let a vet look at him.

What ended up happening with your roo? We have a hen that has several similar looking scabs and greenish blue on her wings. We have a vet appointment, but the earliest appointment we found isn't for over a week.

What ended up happening with your roo? We have a hen that has several similar looking scabs and greenish blue on her wings. We have a vet appointment, but the earliest appointment we found isn't for over a week.
Did you start a thread about your hen? If not, then it would be good if you would.
Provide several clear photos of your hen and her scabs/wounds and other information - how long has she had the scabs, what housing/feed is like, any other symptoms you have noted (lethargy, not eating/drinking, infection, etc.).

Did you start a thread about your hen? If not, then it would be good if you would.
Provide several clear photos of your hen and her scabs/wounds and other information - how long has she had the scabs, what housing/feed is like, any other symptoms you have noted (lethargy, not eating/drinking, infection, etc.).
I haven't yet. We will take pictures today. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom