From silkie mix to new breed?

Pics
The pullets are starting to lay now. I've seen a few little speckled eggs. It's nice to see that being passed on from their grandmother. I haven't quite figured out who's been laying the speckled eggs, but today I found a clue that lead me to believe it was Onell. Hopefully I can get some evidence that Onell lays the speckled eggs.
Pullet egg.jpg

I took some time to rework what I wanted them to look like, since I didn't quite like the previous sketch I drew. I knew I wanted them to resemble bantam cochins a little more, but not be exactly like them.
So this is what I came up with:

More upright posture than cochins, slightly longer legs, and a more defined v shape between the hackles and cushion. Still overall a very fluffy chicken.

Here are my newest sketches. It's hard to draw exactly what I imagine, but I think this describes what I mean pretty well. I could've probably drawn the chest a bit longer and more upright, but overall I think this is good.
20231109_102458.jpg
20231109_102521.jpg

Here I tried to use shapes to better explain it.
20231109_102604.jpg

I took some time to rework what I wanted them to look like, since I didn't quite like the previous sketch I drew. I knew I wanted them to resemble bantam cochins a little more, but not be exactly like them.
So this is what I came up with:

More upright posture than cochins, slightly longer legs, and a more defined v shape between the hackles and cushion. Still overall a very fluffy chicken.

Here are my newest sketches. It's hard to draw exactly what I imagine, but I think this describes what I mean pretty well. I could've probably drawn the chest a bit longer and more upright, but overall I think this is good.
View attachment 3679533View attachment 3679534

Here I tried to use shapes to better explain it.View attachment 3679535
These are gonna be some interesting birds. I hope one day you are able to get them recognized by the APA these would look lovely in a show.

The time has finally come to try hatching some chicks! I have 9 eggs in the incubator from this project. One egg is Zombie's and another is from a frizzle cochin, so hopefully there will be some pretty chicks.
I made a hatch-a-long thread if anyone's interested in joining. This year the naming theme for chicks in this project will be names starting with the letter A.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/silkie-and-project-egg-hatch-a-long.1611169/

Back
Top Bottom