Did I say Ménage? I don't even know what that is. I'll need to look it up.

I'm so tired today. :caf The kids started their Spring semester yesterday & I'm running them around like crazy & getting very little sleep. A nap is definitely in my near future.

I keep forgetting that you transplanted from this area IM. Remind me, were you LA, SDB, Riverside, Orange, or SD?
Oh man, I remember those days. I didn't even notice the misspelling. I've lived in LA SB and Riverside Counties plus a stint in San Mateo up North when I was a teenager. My husbands mom lives in Huntington Beach and hus dad is in Hemet so he goes out there sometimes.

I miss the beach and the mountains. The "mountains" here are foothills in CA :gig

Oh man, I remember those days. I didn't even notice the misspelling. I've lived in LA SB and Riverside Counties plus a stint in San Mateo up North when I was a teenager. My husbands mom lives in Huntington Beach and hus dad is in Hemet so he goes out there sometimes.

I miss the beach and the mountains. The "mountains" here are foothills in CA :gig

If you ever come back out here with him let me know. I'm way north SD county, not far from Orange & Riverside. I'm semi costal so we could take a walk on the beach … Sounds romantic... I swear I'm not flirting with you. :gig

If you ever come back out here with him let me know. I'm way north SD county, not far from Orange & Riverside. I'm semi costal so we could take a walk on the beach … Sounds romantic... I swear I'm not flirting with you. :gig
:gig I'll do that thanks! It's nice that you're coastal. Are you close enough to get the cooling from the water?I do miss it honestly. We had good dirt for gardening and could go from beach to snow in a few hours.

:gig I'll do that thanks! It's nice that you're coastal. Are you close enough to get the cooling from the water?I do miss it honestly. We had good dirt for gardening and could go from beach to snow in a few hours.

I am. we're about 10miles from the beach as the crow flies, but much farther than that as the car drives. The soil here is not great, but we do get a fairly regular marine layer & occasionally when the conditions are exactly right, you can sometimes smell the salt. I love it. I want to move, but I cant seem to make myself let go.

I had a great-great uncle who lived in Hemet when I was a little kid. It was all still farmland back then. I remember the soil there was like magic & he could grow the biggest vegetables, fruit & sunflowers I ever saw. I haven't been up that way in a million years.

I am. we're about 10miles from the beach as the crow flies, but much farther than that as the car drives. The soil here is not great, but we do get a fairly regular marine layer & occasionally when the conditions are exactly right, you can sometimes smell the salt. I love it. I want to move, but I cant seem to make myself let go.

I had a great-great uncle who lived in Hemet when I was a little kid. It was all still farmland back then. I remember the soil there was like magic & he could grow the biggest vegetables, fruit & sunflowers I ever saw. I haven't been up that way in a million years.
Nice, and I don't blame you for not letting go. My MIL is 80+ and still 2 blocks from the coast in Huntington Beach. She won't leave either.

Hemet has changed a lot but the dirt is still magic. My in laws have been out there for 40 years. My FIL was just bragging about last years harvest and the stuff still in his freezer :smack

Back
Top Bottom