:( sorry to hear about that, any idea? limp could heal, but not eating isn't good,
Thanks starri. He's had the limp for a couple of weeks. I checked him out, no issues with feet, nothing broken that I can tell. Progressing to not eating is the last straw. I've had to put down an entire flock before because I suspected Marek's; with the new issues cropping up in young birds I'm pretty sure that suspicion was well placed. Culling the sick or quitting are my only options. I

Thanks starri. He's had the limp for a couple of weeks. I checked him out, no issues with feet, nothing broken that I can tell. Progressing to not eating is the last straw. I've had to put down an entire flock before because I suspected Marek's; with the new issues cropping up in young birds I'm pretty sure that suspicion was well placed. Culling the sick or quitting are my only options. I

Tough choices IM. I'm sure you'll do what's right for you & your flock. :hugs

@igorsMistress I wonder where they are getting it from if it's Mareck's? Mine are all healthy over here. The one's my next door neighbor got from me are all doing well also. @starri33 also got some from my flock, and she hasn't said anything's wrong.
I suspect these :rantpigeons aren't helping and the older birds were exposed to my prior flock so who the :rantknows?

@igorsMistress I wonder where they are getting it from if it's Mareck's? Mine are all healthy over here. The one's my next door neighbor got from me are all doing well also. @starri33 also got some from my flock, and she hasn't said anything's wrong.
I'm sorry. I'm ashamed at myself for blowing up, that was uncalled for.

I'm sorry. I'm ashamed at myself for blowing up, that was uncalled for.

Forgiven, we all have our bad day's.

4 of these last chick's that hatched over here are feathering in with some interesting feather pattern's. They hatched from Carmella's egg's. I'm going to grow them out to see. Carmella's a cream colored naked neck hen.

Back
Top Bottom