I'm so relieved! After losing the 2 girls to heat I was really stressing over him. My poor flock went through a huge amount of change in a short time and they were really stressed. No eggs, hardly any crowing, not much foraging.

Taking care of him has changed our relationship a lot. He's much more trusting when I go out in the yard.

Hopefully things are coming around now, change is stressful.

Angus chased one of the girls all over the yard with barely a limp, he's crowing as usual and he hopped up on the table part of the picnic table from the ground this morning. He's feeling much better :yesss: I'm so happy! I'm going to check his foot tonight and keep it dressed a while longer but he's going to be fine.

That's good new's! So that girl was playing hard-to-get, huh? :gig

My egg count has been down also for about a week now, and I haven't lost any of mine to the heat as of yet, not even the one's that have the fully feathered neck's.

A couple of the girls in my flock are starting to molt. Seems early but the condition of their feathers and the slow down in eggs makes me think that's what's going on here.

That's good new's! So that girl was playing hard-to-get, huh? :gig

My egg count has been down also for about a week now, and I haven't lost any of mine to the heat as of yet, not even the one's that have the fully feathered neck's.
I'm glad your flock is doing well! I talked to the couple that took the red girls and while they were certainly stressed in last weeks heat they're doing ok.

BTW, what were you doing up so early?
A couple of the girls in my flock are starting to molt. Seems early but the condition of their feathers and the slow down in eggs makes me think that's what's going on here.
I suppose with as early as winter comes to you guys it's a good thing, they won't be naked when the weather changes.

I'm glad your flock is doing well! I talked to the couple that took the red girls and while they were certainly stressed in last weeks heat they're doing ok.

BTW, what were you doing up so early?

I suppose with as early as winter comes to you guys it's a good thing, they won't be naked when the weather changes.

I'm up early because I have been animal sitting for the next door neighbors. I go over there twice a day, in the morning to make sure they have food and water for the day. Then before the sun goes down, I collect any eggs, top off all of the water, dump some alfalfa hay in the goats feeder's, give the 2 dog's a can of the dog food. Do you know that the dog's expect you to open up the can for them? :gig

I threw 4 of my fertile egg's under the lone broody hen next door. I don't know if it would be ok to put a couple of my 6 week old chick's in there or not.

I'm up early because I have been animal sitting for the next door neighbors. I go over there twice a day, in the morning to make sure they have food and water for the day. Then before the sun goes down, I collect any eggs, top off all of the water, dump some alfalfa hay in the goats feeder's, give the 2 dog's a can of the dog food. Do you know that the dog's expect you to open up the can for them? :gig

I threw 4 of my fertile egg's under the lone broody hen next door. I don't know if it would be ok to put a couple of my 6 week old chick's in there or not.
Wow, plus you have your own flock to take care of!

I dunno, I think six weeks is a bit old and she may reject them.

By the time the sun goes down, I am drained. I drink lot's of water during the day though to keep hydrated.
I'll bet! Shoot, even without the extra chores the heat sucks all your energy away. I'm so glad Igor is working in the classroom today rather than outside, he is so grumpy when he gets home.

Back
Top Bottom