I'm pretty sure it'll happen. I'm thinking grey and white

That's a pretty combination! And classic too, you won't have to worry about the colors looking dated for a really long time.

Our Casper kitchen has pale grayish/blue walls and the cabinets are white. I'm looking forward to actually getting a chance to use it (some day).

That's a pretty combination! And classic too, you won't have to worry about the colors looking dated for a really long time.

Our Casper kitchen has pale grayish/blue walls and the cabinets are white. I'm looking forward to actually getting a chance to use it (some day).
Sounds pretty! I'm thinking about light grey for the bottom cabinets with white on top and white walls. The counters are natural granite floor tiles so greyish.

I took the kiddie pool out to the coop yard and put a little bit of water in it along with some ice and refilled a waterer. Then I gave the chickens some blueberries and tossed a few in the pool to entice them in. Hoping they'll figure it out, I can't keep running the hose. It's going to get expensive and could create weak tree roots in there.
20200603_151312_HDR.jpg

The chicks took over the mini coop today. I wet down the floor this morning and the fan is on
20200603_151419.jpg

I took the kiddie pool out to the coop yard and put a little bit of water in it along with some ice and refilled a waterer. Then I gave the chickens some blueberries and tossed a few in the pool to entice them in. Hoping they'll figure it out, I can't keep running the hose. It's going to get expensive and could create weak tree roots in there.
View attachment 2175417

The chicks took over the mini coop today. I wet down the floor this morning and the fan is on
View attachment 2175418

Looks like the chicks are enjoying the damp floor!

@igorsMistress You could always throw a few meal worm's in the kiddy pool.

I have 3 chick's that have hatched out already from the FNN girl, with 3 more of her egg's left in the incubator. The one's from the EE and the Barnevelder haven't started hatching yet.
Congrats on the chicks!

I saw a few of the chickens drinking water out of the pool so maybe they're getting used to it.

I ended up cutting down the pool yesterday to make it shallower; left the floaties in it this morning from the tree so hopefully the chickens will use it. I've had to run the hose because they haven't been in there, punks. @BlueBaby I think Lacey is laying a very pale tannish egg, almost white, but not sure as the red girls do also.

I went to walmart and bought some soil and grass seed. Filled up the kiddie pool and 2 window boxes with dirt to grow more grass; the window boxes are for Walt. The rest of the dirt went into the new garden area to get that going. Pulled the nasturtiums and cut back the ground cover as it was choking the heather and thyme. Earlier this week I dug up the artichokes and transplanted roots so we'll see if they make it. I'm going to soak some more Gladiolus bulbs and plant those but I'd like to find something else to go in there too. Maybe crocus and tulips, I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom