Wow, it's still kind of early for the molting, isn't it?

The girls have done this in previous years too. We can get some cold weather, even light snows, in September so maybe not extremely early for them to get rid of the old and grow some new feathers. I sure don't want them bare when winter really hits!

I'm up early because I have been animal sitting for the next door neighbors. I go over there twice a day, in the morning to make sure they have food and water for the day. Then before the sun goes down, I collect any eggs, top off all of the water, dump some alfalfa hay in the goats feeder's, give the 2 dog's a can of the dog food. Do you know that the dog's expect you to open up the can for them? :gig

I threw 4 of my fertile egg's under the lone broody hen next door. I don't know if it would be ok to put a couple of my 6 week old chick's in there or not.

Silly doggies, you'd think they could manage a simple can opener on their own :lol:

The girls have done this in previous years too. We can get some cold weather, even light snows, in September so maybe not extremely early for them to get rid of the old and grow some new feathers. I sure don't want them bare when winter really hits!

When they start doing that down here early, I think that it's supposed to mean an early winter.

Silly doggies, you'd think they could manage a simple can opener on their own :lol:

:lau They just stand there wagging tail's and looking at me with those hopeful eye's waiting for me to do it!

I just realized what you said, "When they start doing that down here early, I think that it's supposed to mean an early winter."

nooooooooo! Last winter about did me in, I'm ready for a mild one. If WY gets mild winters.

Back
Top Bottom