Thanks NFC. Taquitos sound pretty good! How long did you bake and what temp?

Here's the recipe I came up with (like your soup, I modified others to what we like):

1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder (I used a Mexican spice blend)
1 can Rotel (use whichever version you like best *)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
10-12 6" flour tortillas
shredded cheese

Preheat the oven to 400*.
Cook the beef and spices until browned through. Drain. Add the whole can of Rotel and simmer until most all liquid is gone.
Divide the beef mixture evenly between tortillas & sprinkle cheese on top.
Roll up tortillas and place seam side down on a foil lined baking sheet.
Spray with a light layer of nonstick cooking spray.
Bake about 10-12 minutes until golden brown.

Mine came out pretty spicy (which we like) so adjust the spices how you like. When we ate them with sour cream & guac, they were just right (for us)!

Easy peasy and DH is already asking me to make them again soon :) This would be easy enough to double and freeze some for later.

* We like the Rotel with diced tomatoes and green chilis.

Last edited:
Here's the recipe I came up with (like your soup, I modified others to what we like):

1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder (I used a Mexican spice blend)
1 can Rotel (use whichever version you like best *)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
10-12 6" flour tortillas
shredded cheese

Preheat the oven to 400*.
Cook the beef and spices until browned through. Drain. Add the whole can of Rotel and simmer until most all liquid is gone.
Divide the beef mixture evenly between tortillas & sprinkle cheese on top.
Roll up tortillas and place seam side down on a foil lined baking sheet.
Spray with a light layer of nonstick cooking spray.
Bake about 10-12 minutes until golden brown.

Mine came out pretty spicy (which we like) so adjust the spices how you like. When we ate them with sour cream & guac, they were just right (for us)!

Easy peasy and DH is already asking me to make them again soon :) This would be easy enough to double and freeze some for later.

* We like the Rotel with diced tomatoes and green chilis.
Thanks!! I'm going to show this to the daughter later, I have some burger already cooked we can use up. Rotel is a staple in our house. I make a spicy sauce for fish planks and shrimp with it. One can of rotel drained and one cup of ketchup, throw it in the blender and process until smooth.

Thanks!! I'm going to show this to the daughter later, I have some burger already cooked we can use up. Rotel is a staple in our house. I make a spicy sauce for fish planks and shrimp with it. One can of rotel drained and one cup of ketchup, throw it in the blender and process until smooth.

Rotel definitely makes things easy and adds so much flavor!

That taquito recipe would be easy to switch up how ever you guys like so just have fun with it. I like that they're baked, frying at home is too messy for me (or maybe I'm just too messy for frying :p ).

Rotel definitely makes things easy and adds so much flavor!

That taquito recipe would be easy to switch up how ever you guys like so just have fun with it. I like that they're baked, frying at home is too messy for me (or maybe I'm just too messy for frying :p ).
I don't fry much, just onion rings but I make big batches and freeze, then use the air fryer when we want them. It's very messy.

Taquitos
20200804_165922.jpg

Interesting turn of events, I think Lucy is broody again. She's been in the nest since yesterday. The AC chicks are too old to put under her already and I don't want to chance that she'll kill them. However, in 2 weeks I'll hopefully have chicks so if she's serious until then I'm going to put them under her after they hatch.

Interesting turn of events, I think Lucy is broody again. She's been in the nest since yesterday. The AC chicks are too old to put under her already and I don't want to chance that she'll kill them. However, in 2 weeks I'll hopefully have chicks so if she's serious until then I'm going to put them under her after they hatch.

Can you try to separate her, so that when you give her the chicks that the other flock member's won't try to kill and eat them?

Back
Top Bottom