This is my brother Buddy. He’s a tyrant and unimpressed with anything that doesn’t center around him. He gets under the covers himself and then the people have to make due with whatever is left.
C3D57283-44BA-461B-956E-F5AC7CC94D5A.jpeg

I just took out some blueberries and saw Blue with the new gals so things seems to be moving in the right direction. The rooster is still hiding out part of the day but I make sure he eats. I don’t think the newbies have ever seen a boy lol. Hopefully the d’Uccle chicks will be gone tomorrow afternoon. Whoever remains in the chick department will go on Craigslist this weekend except the one AC chick. I hope they’re all gone soon, I’m not in the mood to deal with them right now, at least not in two separate batches like this. Cuckoo doesn’t help, she’s a rotten bird. Everyone will get FF tonight, even the new girls like it. I’ve been mixing mealworms with the morning scratch because feathers are looking rough. If the chicks go tomorrow I’m going to move the new girls into the big coop over night and put the Turken chicks in the mini coop. They need more space and the bigs have been mean to them. Cuckoo is on the bottom of the pecking order in the top three girls so she affords some protection and rank for the d’Uccles and AC. She’s sure got that rooster buffaloed. He is so much bigger than her but Big Blue and Joan Crawford stand up for her but not for the new girls. At least not yet. Hubs has to work on Saturday so I’ll be out doing maintenance on the coops. I need to vacuum and dust them both, stir and wet down the litter in the big coop and put hay in the mini coop. It’s probably time to think about a major cleaning soon. R&R the bedding, wash walls and sanitize, whitewash and paint as well. I can work on that while hubs works on the garden walls weekend after next. I also have the pile of wood chips to finish this weekend, ugh! The fairy dusters are still alive and I need to get out there to water the shade garden. I also need to get my garden fork out and break up the soil where I’ll plant the carrots. Time to get busy.

Back
Top Bottom