I took Hope out to meet the ducklings this afternoon. They are comfortable enough to get into our laps already and love to nibble toes; my wedding ring is a favorite target also. She was thrilled when they climbed into her hand and lap and really did a good job of sitting still. My son and DIL have two ducks, Muscovy, but they weren’t quite this tiny when they got them. The pool was a hit and will definitely need daily cleaning. At the rate they’re growing it won’t take long for them to outgrow it. As a next step I have a couple of large bowls but need to get the big round rock from the garden to put in it as a step out. As a mid growth pool my daughter is bringing home a kiddie pool one of her friends won’t be using and we can move it out to the yard later as a secondary pool during the summer. The primary pool is going to be a 70 gallon stock tank for sheep. Igor is going to put a drain in it so I can use the water for the oleanders and the xeriscape area. With a secondary pool out near the lemon tree I can use the water for the lemon tree and maybe in the shade garden as well. I’ll have to discuss that with hubs.
That should work really well...with the added benefit of the water being fertilized...lol They sure are cute IM! :love

I took Hope out to meet the ducklings this afternoon. They are comfortable enough to get into our laps already and love to nibble toes; my wedding ring is a favorite target also. She was thrilled when they climbed into her hand and lap and really did a good job of sitting still. My son and DIL have two ducks, Muscovy, but they weren’t quite this tiny when they got them. The pool was a hit and will definitely need daily cleaning. At the rate they’re growing it won’t take long for them to outgrow it. As a next step I have a couple of large bowls but need to get the big round rock from the garden to put in it as a step out. As a mid growth pool my daughter is bringing home a kiddie pool one of her friends won’t be using and we can move it out to the yard later as a secondary pool during the summer. The primary pool is going to be a 70 gallon stock tank for sheep. Igor is going to put a drain in it so I can use the water for the oleanders and the xeriscape area. With a secondary pool out near the lemon tree I can use the water for the lemon tree and maybe in the shade garden as well. I’ll have to discuss that with hubs.
sounds like a great plan! if you end up changing the water daily (likely), the plants'll have plenty of water. They really are adorable, they grow so much faster than chicks!

sounds like a great plan! if you end up changing the water daily (likely), the plants'll have plenty of water. They really are adorable, they grow so much faster than chicks!
Thanks I hope so.

I saw a pic of someone else’s ducks at two months and was surprised at how big they were already.
I’m hoping with 70 gallons and only 3 ducks it won’t be a daily change of water. It would be nice to get a few days at least but we’ll see.

Thanks I hope so.

I saw a pic of someone else’s ducks at two months and was surprised at how big they were already.
I’m hoping with 70 gallons and only 3 ducks it won’t be a daily change of water. It would be nice to get a few days at least but we’ll see.
Forgot about the size. Hopefully it'll last longer! at 8 weeks my sister in law couldn't distinguish the baby from the adults!

Back
Top Bottom