I’ve never used a brooder. I brooded my chicks in the mini coop. It’s in the same yard as the big house and that worked beautifully. They could see each other through the hardware cloth for that first month. I’ve used the mini as a rooster jail, a hospital room, etc also. I’m just using NIC grids to divide the big house in half for the ducks. The foundation is concrete blocks and there’s enough space to slide the grids between two on each side. Since they aren’t able to jump over like chickens it’s a little easier to house everyone together.
I thought the black thing with the yellow legs was a chick brooder?

IM's duck pen.jpg

How fun! I'm trying to decide if I want to talk my husband into some...they are almost irresistible! :love
Lol, they are so much fun! Keep in mind if you ended up with a drake you can’t keep them with chickens because if they mate the drake can cause serious injury to the chicken.

Lol, they are so much fun! Keep in mind if you ended up with a drake you can’t keep them with chickens because if they mate the drake can cause serious injury to the chicken.
I was wondering about the hens with roosters...I wouldn't want them to mate either, so I would probably need a different area...let's see more secure fencing...I can see my husbands face now...lol! I have a second Chicken pen area...that we used for the pigs...gross, but it will clean up fine...not sure if I want them in a different area though and I want to use the pen when I breed the Marans to the Cream Legbars, I might also breed some more Marans! They would be a lot of fun though...just look what you've started and the conundrum I'm in now...😂

Back
Top Bottom