Fungus like stuff around vent New Pictures (Pretty Gross)UPDATE

Hi, how is Angel doing? Yes, she is really pretty, lovely in fact. Tia, how's Angel now? I took Della to the vet and he cut away all of the fungal mess on her vent. He told me that the vent had prolapsed and trauma had caused a chronic infection on the surface. So he gave me some cream to put inside the vent and a medicine to give her. The prolapse has gone back inside. I've kept her away from the others for 3 days and no going into water. Took her back to the vet today and he has said she needs another week of antibiotics - nightmare as I'm going on holiday on Friday and have to depend on others to look after her, which is distressing me. However my stepson says not to worry.

Thing is now though, when Della sees me she runs off!!!! Don't blame her I suppose!!!!

Lab work back for Angel. Called the Vet today and she said that she has to consult with the lab to see what it all means. She has low protein levels. But I guess I will have to wait until the vet talks to the lab to see what all the levels mean. Does anyone know what low protein levels mean? I have been giving her duck maint. plus greens.

sorry I don't know but thankfully your getting some answers, hope she is back to her old self soon. and Heather May, hope Della continues to improve also..

well crap !!!!
caf.gif

My Bells had something on her vent as well. I tried at home treatment with no luck. When we went to the vet it ended up being a staff infection which cleared up with antibotics and gen one spray. Good luck with your girl I do hope the vet gets to the bottom of what is causing the problem. You may search my previous topics to see the thread I started titled "What's wrong with my butt" The treatment is also listed as one of my last post.

Finally heard back from the vet. After her conference with the lab. Her lab work looked good, but her protein was down. She suggested to put her back on antibiotics and get some silvadene and put it on her foot where she had bumblefoot and a small amount on her vent. She said it wouldn't hurt to worm her too and then do it twice a year. She said use flubenvet. Do you know where I can order that? Is there only one kind or strength. What should I order? Has anyone every used silvadene on bumblefoot. Do you have to have a prescription to get it. The vet was out, but suggested the pharmacy. They said she could get worms by eating earth worms. Which she could have this summer, but they didn't really think it was worms. Said it might be e-coli but she wasn't sure... How serious is that? Please any information from your experience using these products would be helpful.

Quote:
I have to wonder about someone putting a duck out to draw blood...has anyone else heard of this? I've always been told that birds in general should not be put under unless absolutely necessary, so that would really worry me to have one put under for something like a blood draw. I'm quite sure I have had blood drawn on one of my parrots without doing that. I've yet to have a real problem bleeding my ducks for the P-T test and I've done 26 of them in a bunch. I'd personally be questioning such a procedure.

Back
Top Bottom