Funny/Sad/Happy stories of your chickens

Pics
Okay funny story - our first year getting EEs, we got three little silver chicks that looked like triplets. lily, Reese's, and Caroline.
THIS year, we got three chicks that didn't really look like triplets but BB8 looks almost exactly like Lilly, Kara Dancers looks EXACTLY like Piecy, and Freckles looks like Caroline's long lost daughter gig.gif its hilarious!! I literally almost called BB8 "Sil", which was " Silly Lilly's nickname lau.gif

Okay, the intro to this is really sad, but the ending is pretty funny.

Awhile back I got two super expensive chickens for my birthday. A bielefelder named Beth, and A $40 LAVENDER CUCKOO ORPINGTON who I named Sugar Plum. Turned out that Sugar was sick. One morning I went out and found her laying prostrate in her kennel, so I totally flipped out and brought her inside. We sat in front of a heater with her slooowly dying in my lap. After awhile I put her in a plastic bow, wrapped her up in a blanket and let her be. She died at about 2:30 the next morning.

During the hours she sat on my lap, ALL the many mites she had on her were like, "EVACUTE EVACUATE!!!" and I was holding her for like four hours so they ended up all over me :lau :lau
Funny thing is there was a minor lice outbreak at church. Me and sis would tease our friends about "the only parasite we'll ever have is chicken mites!" :lau :lau :lau the reactions I get are hilarious :gig

Just had something adorable happen.

One of the Silkie chicks started crying, making loud peeps. I thought something was wrong, so I picked it up and...

The chick stopped crying, and snuggled into my hand making happy peeps, and is now all happy and content on my hand enjoying fusses. Even though it has siblings to snuggle with, the baby wanted to cuddle with me instead!
love.gif

My chickens scared me so badly one day. I did not get the $50 permit to have them but did ask neighbors. I would let them out in my fenced backyard only when I could watch them, thinking there are hawks and feral cats. I went inside for a half hr while they were out one day and when I went back out they were gone. No sign of them. I ran to the alleyway...nope. Then I had a terrible thought, what if they had gone to the front yard and jumped fence. I could just imagine the police going door-to-door looking for the illegal chicken keeper whose chickens had disrupted traffic on the crazy-busy street that I live on. I ran to front yard, no chickens but also no squealing tires or shouts of "chickens". sigh of relief! Turned out the neighbor kids down the alley had been eyeing them and had couxed them away with treats. once the treats were gone the chickens came running down the alleyway shouting to be allowed back in the yard. Never left them alone in the yard again.

Just had something adorable happen.

One of the Silkie chicks started crying, making loud peeps. I thought something was wrong, so I picked it up and...

The chick stopped crying, and snuggled into my hand making happy peeps, and is now all happy and content on my hand enjoying fusses. Even though it has siblings to snuggle with, the baby wanted to cuddle with me instead! :love

AAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SOOO CUTE!!!!!! :love :love :love :love OH MY STARS!!! What's its name? :love

AAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SOOO CUTE!!!!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
OH MY STARS!!! What's its name?
love.gif
I named that one Strawberry after it's pink toes, but the toes have almost fully coloured in now.
tongue.png

Here is the pink toed chick the day it had hatched, looking up at me confused over why I was holding it on it's back.

Back
Top Bottom