Game hen or Bantam EE?

DustyNoods

Chirping
Apr 22, 2023
Nutmeg is 10 weeks old and is now smaller than my 8 week old D’Uccles
Never had whatever she is before.. she came out of the tractor supply assorted bantam bin so who knows? All I can figure is bantam EE or maybe a game hen.
Second pic is her (top right) next to my red star, California white (Dottie) and white leghorn (Carmen). She is only about 1/5-1/4 the size of them but the camera doesn’t always make it look how she does in real life. She is extra super tiny next to my red star (Bertha)
Last pic is her (right) as a chick laying on top of their beanie baby turkey with one of my golden Seabrights. My tiny chipmunk baby ♥️
Thank you for suggestions 🐓

Attachments

• IMG_3531.jpeg
    IMG_3531.jpeg
    507.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3444.jpeg
    IMG_3444.jpeg
    857.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2814.jpeg
    IMG_2814.jpeg
    869.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1791.jpeg
    IMG_1791.jpeg
    696.2 KB · Views: 29
This chick looks like a girl. Her tail feathers do not shape into a sickle, but more of a triangular shape. For the particular breed I am thinking she is, she looks like a female. The "eyeliner" that is around their eyes means they are most likely a girl, as the boys do not have that. I have suspicion that she could be a crested cream legbar as well. I own a crested cream legbar, and the chicks that were hatched by her look very similar to Nutmeg as a chick.

I think she's a light brown Dutch bantam. You'll know for sure when/if she develops white earlobes.
Ohhh just googled and I agree! Looks just like her. I will have to see how she matures and if she gets those white lobes. Thank you!

I don't know if TSC carries Dutch bantams. If it does, then this is a Dutch bantam pullet. If not, then this is an off-standard oegb pullet or, potentially a phoenix pullet
They all 3 look SO similar. It unfortunately was just an assorted bantam bin and the workers had 0 idea what breeds. There was only a few in there and I got her and then my 2 golden seabrights. The remaining 3 chicks in the bin looked like the seabrights.

TSC uses Hoovers, right? If it does, I can't find Dutch bantams nor Phoenix on their page. It might be hidden somewhere though, I really don't know how to work these online hatcheries. Nonetheless, if what I said is true, this is an off-standard OEGB

TSC uses Hoovers, right? If it does, I can't find Dutch bantams nor Phoenix on their page. It might be hidden somewhere though, I really don't know how to work these online hatcheries. Nonetheless, if what I said is true, this is an off-standard OEGB
Tsc gets chicks from multiple different hatcheries. Welp hatchery sells Dutch bantams.

Back
Top Bottom