good morning,
I have a few spare minutes to play on the computer.
Friday, I took Ollie for a ride. We graded the driveway pretty well. on the last pass I blew a hydraulic hose. I might be able to splice it.
nothing is growing here yet. just some tiny blue flowers. probably some sort of weed?
.......jiminwisc......
How old are the hoses? Bet more are ready to blow lol

the hoses are just a few years old. the one that blew had abrasions from rubbing on a bracket. there is another one like it next to it. they have been looking ragged for a few years.I was scraping with the bucket blade at a 90* angle to the ground. It caught and that is what put the extra stress on the hose..
I repaired one of the power steering hoses by inserting a short piece of brake tubing into it and clamping it with two hose clamps. a brake line is rated at 5000 psi. my hoses are 3000 I think. maybe 2000,,
,,,,,,jiminwisc.......

the hoses are just a few years old. the one that blew had abrasions from rubbing on a bracket. there is another one like it next to it. they have been looking ragged for a few years.I was scraping with the bucket blade at a 90* angle to the ground. It caught and that is what put the extra stress on the hose..
I repaired one of the power steering hoses by inserting a short piece of brake tubing into it and clamping it with two hose clamps. a brake line is rated at 5000 psi. my hoses are 3000 I think. maybe 2000,,
,,,,,,jiminwisc.......
Ah that works good. Anything you can put over the splice to get abraded first?

I will reroute the new hose if I can. Otherwise I can slip a piece of pvc over the area that might rub.
It is too cold and wet to do anything with it for now. warmer weather is due next weekend. As long as I don't mess with the bucket lever, I can still drive the tractor.
.....jiminwisc.........

I blew a hydraulic hose. I might be able to splice it.
:(
Hopefully the brake line and hose clamps will work so you ca use the bucket but I think long term you might want to replace the hose. Seems like that is a lot of pressure to have a hose clamp hold.

I bought some of the fabric hose sleeve on Amazon when I put in the 2 lines to "borrow" the bucket curl/dump ports for the flail mower.

I was scraping with the bucket blade at a 90* angle to the ground.
I've heard that is a good way to bend your cylinder rods.

ya know ? I never thought of bending the rams. something to think about, isn't it ?
I put a piece of brake line in the hose for my power steering on the tractor. Has been there for a while. the brake line is flanged on both ends. it takes some force to slide it into the hose. the hose clamps insure that the hose doesn't slip off of the brake line. the flange makes a pretty tight seal even before the clamps are installed.
I am thinking of buying a new hose. If I can get one already made up that is the right length. I had a three foot one made up at the implement dealership. It cost me over $50.oo. this one is almost twice as long...
Fleet & Farm has some already made up. they cost about half as much..
I checked my rhubarb and garlic yesterday. they are sprouting up all over the place.. I guess this cold weather doesn't bother them. After today it is going to warm up..
.........jiminwisc.....

I bought a bunch of these grownomics elevated beds 5 or 6 years ago. Saves the back when growing any of the down-low plants where lots of bending is required, like bush beans, onions, shallots, turnips. Work great for the smaller pepper plants also. They were a lot cheaper back then. I hope they last.

inuse:GRON040.jpg

I had a three foot one made up at the implement dealership. It cost me over $50.oo. this one is almost twice as long...
I would GUESS that the length of hose isn't the costly part. More than likely it is the cost of putting the fittings on the end.

I bought a bunch of these grownomics elevated beds
What are they made of and what do they have on the bottom to keep it from rotting out?

Back
Top Bottom