Excellent!
What did you put in the beds? Too deep for all "raised bed" bagged mix, that would likely break the bank.
from what I gather, the bottom layer is old wood. I would use wood chips because they would be more dense.
what I have read, you can use old lumber, again, I would try to get green branches with bark on them.
or sawdust/shavings from a sawmill.
the top thin layer could then be compost and garden/potting soil.
after a time all that wood will turn into black soil.
that's my story and I'm sticking to it.. lolol

good, it is raining here. a nice gentle soaking rain. I needed it. it will leach the fertilizer down to the grape vine roots. they are looking good, but now they should really grow after the sun comes up and the temps rise.
I have one that I have to prune. It has too many shoots at the top wire.
I need only two.
after the three yearling deer showed up, a couple of days later the doe came back under the apple tree. Annie is putting apples out for them. nothing like asking for trouble, eh? lolol

The deer prune my berries and wild grapes
I don't have anything except catmint that the deer won't eat if they could get to them. Before I banished them they even got in the garden and ate tomatoes and the plants. What was the worst was taking a bite out of a tomato that they had gotten their musk on. Really nasty.

I don't have anything except catmint that the deer won't eat if they could get to them. Before I banished them they even got in the garden and ate tomatoes and the plants. What was the worst was taking a bite out of a tomato that they had gotten their musk on. Really nasty.
I guess that's why they say to wash the fruits and veggies before you eat..... Although I rarely wash, just if I see bugs or something

strange, the deer walked all over among my tomatoes and never took a bite of fruit or plant.
they did nibble a bit on the grapes.
yesterday I pruned two of the grape vines. I took off seven extra shoots.
I put them into a pail of dirt to see if they will root. If they don't, nothing is lost.
one asparagus came up. there might be more, but the weeds are so thick, who knows ?

Back
Top Bottom