Are you gardening this year?

• Yes!!!

Votes: 45 95.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Probably not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I hope indoor plants are allowed here...I've got my own little garden starting in my bedroom...hoping to move into my sisters' old bedroom soon, too, because it has a round turret in it with lovely south and east-facing windows!

Anyway, I got several new plants today!
Silver Sprinkles Pilea, Flaming Katy, String of Buttons, Easter Cactus, Tippy Echeveria, and Astridia velutina. <3 <3 I think I'm becoming an addict. Actually, I know I am. :lau And I'm still a newbie...all of the ones I've had for a while are barely alive...lol. I'm learning a lot though and I got some watering apps that should definitely help!
View attachment 2609759
I also came really close to buying another orchid. But like a more exotic kind, not just your run-of-the-mill Phalaenopsis. But since they are more difficult (and expensive!!) I thought it would be a good idea to get the hang of plant keeping a little while longer. My own Phalaenopsis still need more attention!
View attachment 2609768
My freshly potted Katy! :loveIt's really tiny and cute!

Sorry for hijacking the thread. This is for FOOD gardening, isn't it :oops: I guess I just really wanted to share
Your plant is beautiful! Why can't they count? You plant them in dirt and they grow, close enough to gardening for me!

We have lots of houseplants here. I'm more of the "plant plants that produce" person but I like houseplants because they clean the air and bring nature inside!

I requested a Gurney's catalog over 2months ago. Just showed up yesterday. Not a good sign. Don't really need anything as I've tried to buy everything local but 50% off? Hard to pass up. But then again, I might receive my order in time for next year's garden...
I ordered some onion sets from Gurney's. Original delivery time was end of March-mid April. Now it's mid to late May. The only reason I ordered from them (online) is because they were the only ones who had this particular onion that I grew last year, and Hubby loves it.

I get 3-5 emails from Gurney's and other companies that they sold my email to. I am NOT buying from them again.

I started keeping a gardening journal this year. Anybody else do this?
Yes. I use it to note when plants sprout, when I get the first _____, and at the end of the season, I write down what worked, what didn't, and thoughts on the next year.

I found it to be very helpful. Especially with some things that I harvest over a long period, like tomatoes. Hmmmm.... when can I expect enough tomatoes to start canning? When do I need to start freezing beans because they are about to explode on every plant?

I ordered some onion sets from Gurney's. Original delivery time was end of March-mid April. Now it's mid to late May. The only reason I ordered from them (online) is because they were the only ones who had this particular onion that I grew last year, and Hubby loves it.

I get 3-5 emails from Gurney's and other companies that they sold my email to. I am NOT buying from them again.
Trust your gut. It's rarely wrong...
I passed. I have such a small window to get things in the ground that I can't take the chance that it will be a month late.

Back
Top Bottom