Gearing up for Christmas hatch! Who wants to join and plan with me?

vkp23

Songster
10 Years
Jul 10, 2009
My house
I am going to start collecting from my girls and save up to set eggs on December 6th. That would put the eggs hatching between the 24th and 26th! Who wants to add a hatch to the festivities???
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
pop.gif

I actually started today, as I wanted to try out my new homemadeabator. They will be my early christmas present to me if all goes well!

I just started collecting eggs and am planning on setting them Friday evening, Dec. 4...according to my calculations, they should hatch on Christmas Eve/Day (21 days). I'll be setting silkied seramas and frizzled seramas from first-time pullets, so I'm not sure what the viability rate will be, but I am excited! Count me in, if it's OK to be just a day early!
big_smile.png

Juliette

44235_pb290070.jpg

Here are my early christmas hatch eggs! They are from my mixed batch of birds and black australop roo. My favorite eggs are the brown ones with white spots, not sure who does this but I love them.

I'm usually a summer hatcher but due to the recent loss of a couple of my girls I felt the need to breed to fill the void.
I cross bred my 8 mo. BR Roo with my 8 mo. old Pearl White Leghorn. I have 13 eggs started in the bator on Nov 27th.
Can't waiting see what color patterns we get! Looking for hatchlings around Dec. 18th!
big_smile.png

i'll join. I have guinea fowl eggs in the incubator now which were suppost to hatch on th 22nd and 23rd but the power went out for a few hours so they could hatch late, on christmas and i'm going to put some sussex eggs in the incubator today so thats another hatch on the 22nd-23rd.

Back
Top Bottom