Geese Breed Focus - Pomeranian

We did both. I grabbed a couple of eggs that she started and put them in the incubator. After 2 weeks we gave up on both of them. Neither progressed at all. Then just a week ago, we grabbed 4 more and put them in the incubator. She had been sitting on them for a few weeks. All four didn't progress and one of them almost exploded from being bad. Quick way to find out if eggs are rotting? Put them in the incubator and let them come up to temp... The smell makes an appearance rather quickly... Anyhow, there are still a few eggs of hers out in the coop where she has a nest arranged. Only time will tell. I'm told by the spousal unit that this weekend we're collecting ALL the eggs, candling and then putting only viable eggs in the incubator. i guess that means she's not impressed with the natural egg hatching method. :)
Hmm, maybe your gander has some fertility problems. I hope the other eggs fare better!

I am unsure the breed of my geese a friend had to get rid of them and we took them in. They do well with y chickens and ducks. A few months ago we snagged her eggs * of them and incubated them none of them hatched in the mean time they were in the incubator she layed 4 more eggs and noticed she was sitting and not coming out to graze much I free range all my birds from dusk till dawn. Last week I bought 4 ducks and brought them home hoping my boyfriend didn't get upset but I had had Indian runner duck and it was my favorite but the neighbors cat killed it. I have been searching for Indian Runners. Anyways Saturday at 1 he comes inside and says to me what did you do buy more ducks. Then hes like their out in the yard. Then all of a sudden I jump up and yell its Saturday The baby geese hatched. Just wanted to share the pictures In the beginning I didn't want geese and we decided we are gonna keep 2 more geese and let y litte sister have the other 2. She has a big pond by her house and they are making a wildlife habit so her ducks and geese can stay in the pond and have safe barriers to hide.

My buff and gray saddleback Pomeranian geese. The buff are 1 1/2 yrs old , they are raising the grays which were hatched the first of June 2018. I was real surprised that they are being a family, also raising a duck with the babies .
IMG_20180731_142721.jpg
IMG_20180731_142748.jpg
IMG_20180731_142721.jpg
IMG_20180731_142748.jpg
IMG_20180731_142804.jpg

The buff raised the grays and one duck without any help. I saw the gray Pomeranian geese on a pond one day and thought how beautiful they looked and was hooked. Went and tried to buy 3 came home with 8 babies. I have owned African, Chinese,Toulese,and Embden (this was my favorite) but I am liking these the best so far.
I was given 1female, 2male buffs the day before picking up the 8. Went from 0 to 11 in 2 days. But these were easy to tame, I just reached down picked one up, put under my arm and would not let it go . Oh were they mad.... put it down and grabbed another one until it quit hissing. They promptly walked off. I was the BOSS period. The best bunch so far.

Then I read on here how to tame geese and that helped me a great deal, now I understand them some what better. So enjoy your birds , I truly do.

Hello all!!!
New to the site and new owner of a trio of the most wonderful birds around. The Poms!!!! We first started to love the Pomeranians just for personalities and the looks but then found out that they were in need of some help to preserve them her in the states and just some overall attention to the breed. So we are starting with these guys and looking to introduce a new blood line ASAP!!!!

Our group is in mid molt right now but I can say one thing for sure our gander has a entire hot pink bill as well as feet. One lobe. Sturdy. Crossed wings. Beautiful neck colour but can’t tell regarding marking yet. I want to say they are buffs but a little perplexed at the moment. Their head colour def seems buff but are their heart markings usually deeper tones than the head markings?? Or do I have light headed grays?? Not sure if I can post pics yet?? I read on here that you have to have a certain amount of posts to do so.

Lastly we are in the mystic area of CT.

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!

Here they are!!!! Elvis Priscilla and Lisa Marie!!! They are the most amazing animals ever!!! Obsessed!!!

Attachments

• AEB22DB9-2031-4264-9117-7D644D63AFE8.jpeg
    AEB22DB9-2031-4264-9117-7D644D63AFE8.jpeg
    680.5 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom