Gender on Easter Eggers(?) And Guineas Pic heavy

Jul 13, 2019
Virginia, U.S.
Posting again with the other 4 rescue birds. All birds are continuing to thrive/ put on weight even in their temporary accommodations. So these are the next 4 that I'm curious about. As a reminder we rescued 8 birds, and the first four were deemed a silkie, wellsummer, red star, and white rock and all were guessed to be pullets. One has since begun laying eggs, Haha but we're not sure if it is the red star or the white rock as they are housed together separately from the others as the wellsummer is very dominant and took a dislike to the two of them. Here are the next four rescues which I think are: a buff Easter egger, a white Easter egger, and 2 guineas. These guys are a little more skittish then the others, and also seem a few weeks younger so their pictures are not super clear as I can only get pictures of them in the pen. I tried to get plenty to show posture/size comparisons and as much detail as I could get. Here are their pics, roos or hens???:
18326.jpeg
18305.jpeg
18313.jpeg
18319.jpeg
18309.jpeg
18311.jpeg
18321.jpeg
18325.jpeg
18317.jpeg

Both EE are pullets. I have never been able to gender ID Guinea fowl on physical appearance. Females will give a two syllable call (buck wheat) and a ratchety type call. Males only give the ratchety type call.

Do a google search on 'guinea fowl voice sexing' for videos.

Back
Top Bottom