Gender?

Pi-Co

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2015
Michigan
I have a turkey that's just a big doofus great thing and pretty nice (unless you a chick a tenth its size). I just don't know the gender of it is. He's a picture
. I'm really hoping it's a hen but I have no idea. It is about 4-5 months old right now.

I have a turkey that's just a big doofus great thing and pretty nice (unless you a chick a tenth its size). I just don't know the gender of it is. He's a picture . I'm really hoping it's a hen but I have no idea. It is about 4-5 months old right now.

Yes it is a hen. You can see the light colored lower edges on its breast feathers. If it had been a tom, those lower edges on the breast feathers would be dark colored.

Well of course, but I can't really think of anything cuter that a turkey running full speed across your yard with four chickens in tow just to see what your doing sitting on the deck. The thing is 3/4 my height when I am just sitting on my porch and will walk right up to me to see what I'm doing (or steal what I'm eating). Also any idea on what breed it is. Sorry she was a "gift" from a friend to add to the flock.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom