Genetics Calculator Chat Thread

Pics
Yea, my other breeds are more for experimenting. Like if I wanted to test my knowledge on what offspring a Buff Orp Bantam crossed with a Red Pyle OEGB would produce I would cross those. Or what New Hampshire Red hens would look like crossed with Barnevelder Roos I could do it. It was a fun hobby, but now I just make EE's. We used to have like 50 turkeys but we couldn't stand how stupid they were :lau
I'd love to hear about the New Hampshire red cross looks like. They have a cool "speculum" like a duck on the he s.
They can be stupid. But I think they are just too curious. Yesterday I saw them on the lawnmower. One was on the seat, the other on the steering wheel, one by the on/off switch stuff, and one by the pedals. :lol: Not like they could start it though. I think four is more manageable than fifty, and more like pets than fifty.

I'd love to hear about the New Hampshire red cross looks like. They have a cool "speculum" like a duck on the he s.
They can be stupid. But I think they are just too curious. Yesterday I saw them on the lawnmower. One was on the seat, the other on the steering wheel, one by the on/off switch stuff, and one by the pedals. :lol: Not like they could start it though. I think four is more manageable than fifty, and more like pets than fifty.
Yea, that was quite a bit of turkeys :oops:

Our turkeys poof up if someone yells at the people they are most familiar with. They are so cute. They want to protect me. And eat my fingers. I think their greatest aspirations are to someday peck me in the eyeball. They like to walk up to the door and make turkey sounds until I come up.

And turkeys fight off any chickens or cats that come near me. (Poor Tiger the cat as well as Kooks my favorite chicken.) They are very defensive of me. They haven't fought off the smallest call duck yet. For some reason the ducks appear terrifying to the animals and rule the barnyard, putting terror in the souls in all but the biggest bird. He also rules over the turkeys (AKA, they never threatened him yet.) But they don't win any challenges they make against chickens that are larger than them. (They are roughly 6 weeks old now.)

Our turkeys poof up if someone yells at the people they are most familiar with. They are so cute. They want to protect me. And eat my fingers. I think their greatest aspirations are to someday peck me in the eyeball. They like to walk up to the door and make turkey sounds until I come up.
Their trying to make you trust them more so they'll be able to get your eyes :lau

Their trying to make you trust them more so they'll be able to get your eyes :lau
I know. Every once in a while they look at me funny and I swat at them, so to get away from me they eat my shirt or my hair from the back instead. They mostly act like dogs though. They don't let you pet them, but they follow you and sometimes chase you around. (In a friendly way.) To get them inside at night I lead them there. They have a strong flock instinct.

I know. Every once in a while they look at me funny and I swat at them, so to get away from me they eat my shirt or my hair from the back instead. They mostly act like dogs though. They don't let you pet them, but they follow you and sometimes chase you around. (In a friendly way.) To get them inside at night I lead them there. They have a strong flock instinct.
Yes, I did notice that while raising turkeys, to heard them, I just had to lead them and they would in all good faith follow me where ever it pleased me to take them.

Back
Top Bottom