We got our from TSC too! And a little golden Sebright.
I wonder how much shipping would be on a tiny bantam bird... LOL
We had two golden seabright pullets and a silver cockrel we sold. (We had too many birds) I didn't know that we still had a seabright. Didn't know they come in buff laced. :rolleyes: We like her to much to get rid of her now.:)

Adam looks lovely! :love

Not all boys are bad boys...some retain their sweet chickie nature :gig

My boy Zoltan is a complete wuss but is a gentleman to his ladies.

However, when it comes to food, he's first in line for the best stuff!

I gave them a plum to share the other day, Zoltan hogged the whole lot then ended up looking like he was wearing lipstick :idunno

He's strange but I love him!

IMG_9706.JPG

IMG_9707.JPG

When does a cockerel reach full maturity?

Adam has grown in size, behavior, and personality, and he's a surprising gentleman. He watches over the flock, shows the girls where all the good food/treats are, digs dust baths and leaves them vacant for his leading ladies, and he enjoys dancing around them and preening.

It's always so much fun to watch.

I'd love to hear about other good roos! What do your boys do?!
So many roosters have bad reputations. I wanna hear the good things! Don't be shy on stories or pictures!

View attachment 1940561

He he very handsome
I've owned 8 roos, 5 i still have

My first roo was a bantam duccle and he was the worst as soon as he puberty
He would run and attack me at every chance, I mostly laughed in his face, after all he was a little bantam and did no damage, I rehomed him

Another bantam, duccle, him and my other batman buff brahma survived a racoon attack when they were little and seen the rest of their coop mates not make it, so they were nervous for awhile
My duccle did a good job at his rooster duties, maybe once a week he thought it was a good idea to attack me
He was a beautiful roo
My buff brahma batman I had to worked with for awhile, he had an injured eye from the racoon the ducks picked in him, he was a biter big time he would latch on to my hand so hard.
I wasnt giving up on him
I rehomed my ducks, gave him lots of love and cuddles and he ended up being my buddy, loved to sit with me and just hang out, never bit.me again
I ended up having to rehome both as they started to fight and bad and for long periods of time, I had them separated but i couldn't bare to see either one not being with a flock, they ended up on a nice farm

The 5 I gave now are all going through their first puberty

Zeus my very large brahma is like a puppy, he will wiggle his way between my legs for pats and love, he has bit me but that is only because he doesn't realise it's my hand sometimes, he doesn't bite really hard and it's rare
Hes terrible at doing rooster duties except mating lol
He does love my feet a.little too much every morning when I let them all out.
He a sweet guy though

Floyd my frizzle polish, has never once pecked at me, did his mating dance. He he protective of me, if he see Zeus pecking my feet or something he comes over pecks him and pushes him out of the way and will stand by my feet, he great as letting the ladies know when he found something, one day it was a leaf he made sure everyone seen it

Silkie 1, loves to cuddle buuuut also loves to bite my hand and hard and attack my feet. He lashes out, he also is the ones that they all pick on, and if I pick him up loves the cuddles, will sit on my lap or shoulder for hours and not once peck me, loves to snuggle his head into my neck
I just learned not to put my hand near his face unless I am holding him
His rooster duties are low on the scale

Other bantam silkie sweet, loveable , has lightly pecked me once or twice
And is a I have to remind him that his little mating dance wont work on me as it will just never work between us lol,

Last silkie, little shy but sweet, mellow no rooster duties present

So I have had all sorts
I've raised all my roosters and chickens the same so I think it all just comes down to the the individual rooster and how they want to be
And part of what breed because my duccles were the worst

Whew sorry I that was long

Back
Top Bottom