getting a small number of chicks or adults shipped

Pineapple

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 5, 2013
Hi folks. I don't trust myself with eggs, and since I only want a few Coturnix quail, I don't want to invest in an incubator. Are there any reliable sellers who will ship a few birds (under 10)? I know that overall it costs more to ship them, and if I got good birds, I'd be OK with that. But I'm having trouble finding anybody who'll do it. I'm not ready to buy them yet anyway (I haven't built my cage! Hah!) but I'm just putting "feelers" out there. My quail are going to be primarily pets, not food or egg animals (although I will eat the eggs).

If you'd like to recommend somebody (or recommend against somebody) privately, please feel free to PM me. Thank you!!

P.S. I live in Kentucky, if that matters due to shipping distance.

Last edited:
Have ya found the answer to that question yet?

Im wondering the same thing. Id like to try just having a handful of quails to see how it goes before I buy a ton.

If you happen to have swapmeets around your area ya might wanna check there. I know the swapmeet up here in northern Indiana will sometimes have venders selling quails in small amounts.

Seeing as I posted this three minutes before you responded, no, I haven't. Haha! :p

I understand that it's more economical to get 50 quail shipped, but I don't want (or need) 50 quail, and I'd pay full shipping for 10 or 12 quail. I've been looking for somebody who would split a shipment with me, or somebody who would eat the surplus quail, as gruesome as that sounds to me...lol

I've called five stores and asked if they get quail in, and one of them asked me, "What's that?"

Can you believe that?
hmm.png

I've had decent luck finding coturnix on craigslist. Have you checked the buy/sell/trade board here? I don't know how hard it is to ship quail... but good luck!

Thank you. I didn't realize there was a buy/sell/trade board here. Gosh, I'm dense!

Back
Top Bottom