Ghost????

lakeshorenc

Songster
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
Lake Waccamaw NC
I probably shouldn't post this but.....This picture was taken of my son's girlfriend a couple of days ago. They were taking senior pictures at my families pre 1800's home (nobody lives there). There were 5 people there. My son's girlfriend, 2 of her friends, the photographer, (who is my daughter's best friend) and one of the girl's mother. I was told that no one was in that room when the picture was taken. The photographer called my daughter crying hysterically and emailed us this picture. Look in the window.
I showed it to my mom. She told me that the lady that worked at the house years ago told a story about a little boy who was about 9 year's old that didn't like to sit in church during preaching so he would play on the church grounds.The church is about 2 miles down the road. One Sunday he was messing around in the cemetery and the top of a tombstone broke off and hit him on the head. He was taken to the house and died before the Doctor could get there. It could be a trick, I wasn't there but the girl's mother says nobody was in there, so I don't know. It has had us freaked out a little bit. Just thought I would share for those of you interested in stuff like this.

IMG_55016-2.jpg

Awesome! I see a little boy looking out of the window! Say hello to him LOL.

It would be interesting to find his name, his family and how old was he exactly. Was he playing with the photographer or that is his way of communicating?

Quote:
When I was little we moved into an old farmhouse in western NY. The huge 5 bedroom house and 24 acres of land was incredibly cheap. Before the move we lived about 50 miles away. Well, we later found out that it was so cheap because all of the locals knew it was haunted and nobdy would buy it. Nothing evil happened to us. Nobody was sucked into the TV. The oldest part of the house was an old salt box type and the newer part (added in the 1800's) was a large colonial front. In the 1800's there was an outbreak of the plague in the area. There was a hospital in a nearby town. It got so infected that the townspeople decided it needed to be burned and the hospital should be in a more remote location. There were no records as to the exact location, but most assumed it was our house due to the general description of it and the area. There was a huge bedroom upstairs. That was where Mom and Dad put all of us kids. They lined our little twin beds up, probably a lot like it was back when it was a hospital ward. Of course we didn't know it at the time. Not every night, but many, there were footsteps. Something or somebody would walk up and down the line of beds like they were doing a bed check. The footsteps were loud and obvious. We would run downstairs or scream, but our parents didn't believe us until the night we were already asleep when the foot steps started. Mom was sick and tired of hearing us night after night stomping around that room. She thought it was us, but it wasn't. She went upstairs ready to do some spanking. What she found was sleeping kids and footsteps with no body walking up and down along the beds. As time went on that behaviour subsided but would sometimes return during sleepovers. I guess new people stirred things up. Yes, it made sleepovers difficult.

Not all was scarey. The coolest thing that happened was when Dad made new stalls in the barn. We had ponies. Dad followed the old lines in the barn and put the new pens where they probably used to be. Somebody really liked that. For about 2 weeks, no matter how early we got up to do chores, they were already done. We went out earlier and earlier, but when we got there it was like somebody had just filled the buckets, cleaned the stalls, put oats in the feeder and filled the water just minutes before, even at 4:00AM. It scared the daylights out of my parents, but us kids thought it was great!!

When we went on vacation, the neighbors would take care of the animals. There was one family that didn't believe in ghosts so they did it. They became believers though. It appears that whoever it was that was interested in new people decided to make himself known. We had a motorcycle and it was parked in the back room while we were away to keep it from being stolen. The neighbor's college age daughter was in the kitchen feeding the cats when she heard the horn on it beeping. She thought that a cat must be sitting on it and somehow pressing the button. She went into the backroom and there was no cat there. However, the handle bars were moving back and forth and the horn was blowing. She ran out of the house screaming. After that, her father had to feed the cats. Neither her, her siblings or her mother would come in the house.

When Mom and Dad got older, they needed to move to warmer climate for Dad's health. Before they drove away for the last time, Mom took a picture of the front of the house. When it came back from the developers she was shocked to see all of the shadowy faces looking out the windows. A lot of people died in that house, and I think some stayed. A few years later while visiting relatives, Mom went to the house. It was a rental at that time. She asked the woman that lived there if it was stilled haunted. The lady answered, "Yes, but we don't talk about it." Over the years, we met 3 other families that had lived in the house. They all had similar experiences.

Oh well, not really a compfire story, but true. It probably would have been more interesting if one of us had been sucked into the TV.

I think we would be fools and very close-minded if we think we are all there is in this world, and universe. Many of us know that there is 'another' world out there .. there is physical and there is spiritual .. and sooooooooo many mysteries.

We won't understand it all until eternity.

I see the boy .. and real or spirit .. he makes me smile .. I love the vast unknown!

Quote:
There is no way you can know one way or another. It's no different than believing in a particular religion. Nobody really knows. You either believe or you don't.

I don't know if I believe in ghosts per se, but I do believe in hauntings and poltergeists in general. I'm living in a house with a known phenomenon.

I think the most popular stories about ghosts is that they are haunting due to unfinished business when they die. Then they go to heaven (or hell, I guess) once they've resolved their issue. Some never do, so they stick around for a long time. Or it is believed by some that ghosts stay around to protect the ones they loved... like those who claim to be visited by family or friends.
Or it is looked at as a type of limbo, a punishment for what they did in life.
Lots of different ideas, I find it quite fascinating!
smile.png
I lived in a house once where lots of creepy things happened. My friends all thought our house was creepy, and whenever I was home alone I got bad vibes. Sometimes the cats would fixate on one spot in the room and raise their hackles and hiss, and lots of times the dog would raise his hackles and growl for no apparent reason. Some houses just give me the willies. There's certain houses I've lived in where I experienced frequent nightmares, and other houses where I feel safe. Not saying its ghosts, but one never really does know for sure, and it is really interesting!
My mother is a firm believer in ghosts, and some of the dreams she has would make anyones hair stand on end!

I have not read all of the posts, BUT it is CLEAR as day in the second blown up picture that his hair is slicked back, and he is wearing a nice button down shirt, for church.

We live in a "haunted house", in RI where Ghost Hunters is located. We had a paranormal team do an investiagtion of the house when we first moved in, but it was purely for our own good and their findings were kept private. We thought about calling in GH, who we beileve would be very interested in the home since it's here in RI and so old (early 1700's) but it's a private home and we don't want it or our kid on TV.
I'll just say that we have alot of footsteps, shadows, and opened and closing doors, etc. Alot of things out in the barn too, especially the original portion (half was built with the home in 1720-1727, no one knows for sure what date, the other half was built on in 1953).
We have 6 fireplaces, a beehive oven, butlers pantry with dry sink, secret stairs, the servents quarters in the attic, etc. It's a fascinating place to live.
We have a couple of historical cemetaries on the premises as well.
Everyone locally knows my place is "haunted" and it's why it's never been formally put onto the market. Up until we moved in it was only in three families in 280 years. It has been privately sold always, simple text only ads or word of mouth, to only selected people. It is creepy but everyone who has lived here wants to make sure that the "right sort" of people take it over after them. It's a historical gem. One repair man who came in to fix my dryer after we moved in said to us that if he had bought the place he would knock the house down and go live out in the barn. "They" didn't like that, he got knocked in the head with the contents of his entire toolbox as soon as he said it and I watched it happen from across the room, his toolbox was very stable and was pushed a good 8" off the top of my dryer onto his head... Showed him
tongue.gif

I was engaged to a British guy for quite some time. We used to visit a home of his friend's in Derbyshire. I used to always be creeped out being in this home at night when we would stay overnight. I would feel people around me and one time, I was using the bathroom and the bathtub across the room squeaked and the knobs turned on hot water. Come to find out the area was one of the major areas obliterated during the Black Death.

I used to have issues in Brooklyn too -- one home I lived in, everyone who lived there saw dead people -- angry dead people...my dog would howl in rage in the middle of the night, my mother had weird out of body experiences, and a girl named Sarah used to talk to me in my dreams. I would wake up covered in scratches and nondescript bites and hear screams.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom