Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
Pics
The Buff partridge chick actually feathered a out alot the same as Topaz, one of my Project Wheaten Crele Orpington chicks.
View attachment 2738920View attachment 2738922Both have Black down/Under Fluff. Topaz is now an adult though.
I have a chick that's a nankin / sort of ginger red old English game with brown under fluff cross that looks almost identical to that chick. It didn't look like the tiny baby one when it hatched, but the older one it used to look just like it. It recently changed from looking just like your chick to a really pretty orange-ish golden-ish gingery color with tiny light brown v shapes on its saddle and black under fluff. It's a beautiful pullet though.

I have a chick that's a nankin / sort of ginger red old English game with brown under fluff cross that looks almost identical to that chick. It didn't look like the tiny baby one when it hatched, but the older one it used to look just like it. It recently changed from looking just like your chick to a really pretty orange-ish golden-ish gingery color with tiny light brown v shapes on its saddle and black under fluff. It's a beautiful pullet though.
Do you have pictures?

It was just an orange-ish color. Kind of like the same color it is now. Also the ginger red, which was the mom, was was a mix of OEGB, Japanese, rosecomb, and who knows what else, and it had yellow legs. I'll post a pic of it to tomorrow.

It was just an orange-ish color. Kind of like the same color it is now. Also the ginger red, which was the mom, was was a mix of OEGB, Japanese, rosecomb, and who knows what else, and it had yellow legs. I'll post a pic of it to tomorrow.
So the chicks down color was the same as the juvenile plumage?

That's a mix mash of different birds.

So the chicks down color was the same as the juvenile plumage?

That's a mix mash of different birds.
The down wasn't any different than the plumage is now except it didn't have the brown-grey V shapes. It's back use to have black spots and it looked almost like a mile fleur without white spots. Another thing, it's mom came out of mostly black birds, and of the birds it came from there hasn't been another one like it.

The down wasn't any different than the plumage is now except it didn't have the brown-grey V shapes. It's back use to have black spots and it looked almost like a mile fleur without white spots. Another thing, it's mom came out of mostly black birds, and of the birds it came from there hasn't been another one like it.
Sounds almost like you're describing Db, Dark Brown X Partridge, or Possible Wildtype chick down.

Here are some pictures of it. Whenit first started feathering out almost it's whole back was black spotted. And it's under fluff is blonde on it's breast feathers. 20210629_094225.jpg 20210629_094247.jpg

20210629_094140.jpg

Here's its mom. aviary-image-1624378219897.jpeg

Here are some pictures of it. Whenit first started feathering out almost it's whole back was black spotted. And it's under fluff is blonde on it's breast feathers.View attachment 2739604View attachment 2739603

View attachment 2739602

Here's its mom.View attachment 2739606
Looks like possible Db X Wildtype. The coloration is also Buff. Just an educated guess since your birds are mixes, upon mixes, so it's hard to pinpoint exactly what genes are showing.

Same with the mother.

Back
Top Bottom