Pics

Kkrista123

Crowing
Dec 2, 2018
Hatboro PA
My Coop
My Coop
Hello everyone!!
So, I expected the new pen to be finished already however, the bottom of it (what we'll use as a permeant flooring underneath) is still being decided upon. However, her pen is set up in the spot and I am still keeping up with the painters plastic covered with a blanket for bedding! We have a good mesh material to cover the top with so she can't fly out but I haven't needed to put it on yet because she's back to being good and only flying out when invited to! I found out though, when she leaves the pen, she just walks under the bed and if we're asleep and something scares her, she likes to go sleep under the bed. Works for me, I threw her waterproof dog bed under the bed because the bed is really high off the ground and there's nothing down there that can hurt her. She's getting ready to lay soon too and if it scares her, I think she'll want to be underneath the bed. Since she's not wondering the room anymore and she either stays in her pen when supposed to or on her dog bed under the bed, it's alright! Plus I think it is too cute when I wake up and she's not in her pen so I yell, "Ducky?! Where are you?!" and she comes running out from under the bed screaming good morning at me.

Anyways, she had a fun day so I thought I'd share!
We woke up and had to make a trip to home depot. We were only stopped... at least 15 times for a picture... It took an hour to get out of there, even though I went in for 1 thing and found it in the first 10 minutes! I should have expected this much. I couldn't get a pic in home depot because way too many strangers already had and we were hiding the duck to try and get out of there without being drug into another conversation! However, here's the car ride!
IMG_1129.JPG
Then after home depot,we came home and I tried to get her to play in the snow but as you can see from the pics, she ran right from the car to the front door. She does not like the cold. Oh well lol
IMG_1132.jpg IMG_1131.jpg
After the exhausting trip out, she wanted a nap... On my lap :)
57064460410__7E064209-8AFC-4882-B435-4BF3838EC81B.JPG
She got lettuce and treats throughout the day and finally,
bath time! I didn't get pics of her in the tub today but I did get pics of us cuddling when she was all done her bath! I always wrap her up in a towel after her shower and she stays to cuddle for as long as she pleases.
IMG_1124.jpg IMG_1118.jpg
After her bath time, her pen was clean for her and she was one happy duck!
IMG_1137.jpg IMG_1136.jpg
The only thing different to her pen is we've done away with the heat lamp because there's no way she would ever still need that lol. She also use to start banging her bill on it when she wanted it on and eventually stopped doing that so I think she realized it was warm enough inside without a heat lamp! She has her favorite boots still, her water which is two standard waterers from TSC in a car battery plastic cover. The car batter cover was never used lol, but its upside down with a portion cut out to make it easier for her to stick her head in there. It was originally her little house when she was a baby but she's long out grown that! This keeps her pen perfectly dry and all water catches in the container. I dump it out and soak everything in hot water once daily and refill water bottles with clean water. She has constant access to her feed and a separate bowl of oyster shell, cracked corn and grit that she picks at as she pleases. Her house is in the pen but I hadn't put it back in before the pic! I'm so happy she's so happy with her set up!

Back
Top Bottom