Girl Moments. Are You Living Through Them?

My one and only daughter is 8 and she is starting to have a few girl moments... I'm skeered of her teenage years!
hide.gif

lol.png

Thankfully, neither of my daughters are boy crazy. I have known girls that get very, very boy motivated once they hit puberty.

I was trying to explain to Sarah-she is 11- that her feelings toward boys might change now that she is in puberty. I used the neighbor boy that we have known since she was 8 as an example. I think that I said something along the lines of, "And you might even find yourself experiencing feelings for him." She got a disgusted look on her face and made gagging noises. Yes, I probably should have corrected her rudeness but I was too relieved that she is not really interested in boys yet.

My 13 year old daughter doesn't seem to relate to boys other then friends either. Please tell me. Is there an age when they suddenly notice guys or do some girls simply bypass that stage until their college years.
fl.gif

lol! there is 5 girls in my house and 1 boy! 20,15,10,8(boy),5,3. Yes we have a lot of girl moments. I was 9 or 10 when i started liking guys. But i DO NOT act on the feelings. You will have so much fun! lol

Chicken Girl

Quote:
My mom would just walk out of the room, come back a few minutes later and say "You done yet?"

If I said no, she left again. If yes, she hugged me and told me it would be ok.

Quote:
The saying means to buck up and do what needs to be done, correct? I am not certain what it has to do with this subject. I don't encourage whining but I do think that there is a difference between unnecesary complaining and expressing your feelings. It is a skill that takes time to learn though. Hopefully, most parents guide their children in learning how to express feelings like anger, disappointment and even the odd, irrational moment in a productive manner.

My girls aren't whiny at all nor do they complain much. They do have emotional moments that often have no rational behind them. I think that most people do-even guys. You can have a good cry and still do what is necessary without bringing others down.
smile.png
Sometimes, I think that having an occasionally crying moment-or private tantrum- can make a person stronger in the long run.

I am pretty certain that my mom had borderline personality disorder. We would never had dared have 'girl' moments. Mom would have not reacted well. Yet, I can honestly say that learning to control my emotions and keep them hidden has been a talent that I have had to unlearn over the years.
sad.png

I am overjoyed that my girls do have the occasional hormonal moments. Yeah. It is annoying at the time but they are learning how to show their emotions and still be strong, independent women.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom