Gnats killing birds

Pics
I read you can use skin so soft from Avon on them. I used this last year as well as this year, and so did my sister on her chickens. I just pour a little in my hands and then wipe the waddles, comb and ear lobes on their head. Then I put a little on their feet. I use very little and then finish up by just stroking them down their back as if I’m petting them. A little pat on the booty and I’m done. This seems to work very well keeping the gnats away. I do this when they go to roost.

I read you can use skin so soft from Avon on them. I used this last year as well as this year, and so did my sister on her chickens. I just pour a little in my hands and then wipe the waddles, comb and ear lobes on their head. Then I put a little on their feet. I use very little and then finish up by just stroking them down their back as if I’m petting them. A little pat on the booty and I’m done. This seems to work very well keeping the gnats away. I do this when they go to roost.

Hi Gina my mom actually recommended Skin so soft too! I havent needed it after i treated and got rid of Most of them but if i cant banish All of the gnats thatll be plan B for letn the children play outside. Nice to meet another person in LA i hope this weather isnt treating you too badly.

Oh wow! Well, I haven’t seen any here... I don’t think.. I’ll be on the lookout!
So sorry you lost all those birds!:(... and I’m really sad for your little frizzle :hit

Thank you please do. I hope your far enough from the hot zone to have too many problems. It seems theyre seated here and ive sprayed 4 times but havent been able to keep the yard clear of them. I thought id told u but i guess it was someone else sorry about that shouldve contacted u

Hi Gina my mom actually recommended Skin so soft too! I havent needed it after i treated and got rid of Most of them but if i cant banish All of the gnats thatll be plan B for letn the children play outside. Nice to meet another person in LA i hope this weather isnt treating you too badly.

Thank you please do. I hope your far enough from the hot zone to have too many problems. It seems theyre seated here and ive sprayed 4 times but havent been able to keep the yard clear of them. I thought id told u but i guess it was someone else sorry about that shouldve contacted u
That’s quite alright! Sounds like you’ve been busy!!

Thanks mixedupturk. We missed the bad tornadoes by 6 miles that hit Ruston La. The skin so soft also works great as keeping mosquitoes off of us too. I rub it on before I go to work out in the yard every time. All this rain we are getting is making the mosquito population bad as well.

That stuff is what i ment, that tornado in Ruston uprooted a tree on my best friends rental and the house started Collapsing a few days later after she thought she was in the clear! She goes to LA Tech.

She says the bugs arent bad up there compared with down here. Shes got 5 of the coturnix hens and a roo from this batch that i lost 41 of.

A small update.

Ive treated the gnats 8 times including neighboring places to best of my ability. Been thru so much spray.

Theyre Still here. I treat everytime the grass is cut or it rains. Its insane. I have welps on my arms now.

I have however been able to bring the children outside without Them getting bitten so the bugs arent bad anymore jus i spend too much time in the yard walkn thru the areas they swarm for the critters care. I keep treating the animals and their coops and cages too and still no more deaths.

Im going to carve out some time to write an article for the community if anyone still follows this and has anything theyd like to add to whats been posted here please tell me.
I am certain this information would make an excellent article. Too many of us I’m sure either didn’t know about these gnats or didn’t really think they were this dangerous. You certainly have been through a lot because of these insects. I will lump these into the same category as yellow jackets...they are worthless and good for nothing.

To my knowledge, I do not have them here in East Central Alabama, and I’d like it to stay that way, for my chickens, my horses, and my family’s sake. Thank you for the considerable amount of time and energy you have given to make us all aware of this terrible problem.

I am certain this information would make an excellent article. Too many of us I’m sure either didn’t know about these gnats or didn’t really think they were this dangerous. You certainly have been through a lot because of these insects. I will lump these into the same category as yellow jackets...they are worthless and good for nothing.

To my knowledge, I do not have them here in East Central Alabama, and I’d like it to stay that way, for my chickens, my horses, and my family’s sake. Thank you for the considerable amount of time and energy you have given to make us all aware of this terrible problem.

Awe! Thank you for your support! Im really glad you dont have them and that if they show up at your door at least your informed. Your right too many of us never knew. These have been worse than mosquitoes for us this year! Deet doesnt deter them from biting me.

Back
Top Bottom