Go team "Tube Feeding!" - Updated 12/29/2019

wow!!! thank you for this info! just commenting to make sure this stays in my subscriptions

Thank you both again!!!
Glad you find it useful!

On my list of things to do is to document how to tube very small chicks, but I'll need someone to take pictures for me, lol.

-Kathy

Oh yeh how to tube feed chicks that would be great. I thought of that on the chick I lost a couple weeks ago but couldn't figure out what to use for the tube on what I had on hand. I have small syringes but no tube small enough. If you figure it out please post!

Oh yeh how to tube feed chicks that would be great. I thought of that on the chick I lost a couple weeks ago but couldn't figure out what to use for the tube on what I had on hand. I have small syringes but no tube small enough. If you figure it out please post!
The only *safe* way way I can think of is to to use a small tube, which one would have to buy. For those that like to plan ahead I suggest buying an assortment of tubes. I would recommend buying 1 each of 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and if you can find it, a 30. I use the 8 and 10 for chicks and baby pigeons. I actually have a few of all sizes between 8 and 30, but the ones I use most are 8, 10, 18 and 30.

-Kathy

How's this?

From:http://www.hopkinslivestock.com/oral_dosing_article.htm
The hole at the back of the tongue is the trachea - Nothing should ever go in there!

-Kathy

but where is the hole for the stomach? sorry for all the dumb questions this is the first time i have ever gone as far as tube feeding when trying to save a birds life.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom