GOAT TALK!!!!

Is it the same with all pygmy goats?
I don’t know any goats who like the rain. I’ve heard oberhalsi goats are better than most, and I have seen some surfing saanens on YouTube, but I’ve never personally met one. Goats just really don’t like water and act like it’s basically acid. Which reminds me, make sure your shelters have a tall enough floor so that they don’t have to stand in water. Goats hate to stand in water and it’s really bad for their hooves.

I don’t know any goats who like the rain. I’ve heard oberhalsi goats are better than most, and I have seen some surfing saanens on YouTube, but I’ve never personally met one. Goats just really don’t like water and act like it’s basically acid. Which reminds me, make sure your shelters have a tall enough floor so that they don’t have to stand in water. Goats hate to stand in water and it’s really bad for their hooves.
Yah but they can stand the cold

Goats are browsers by nature, grazers secondary. They will clean off the fencelines before they mow the grass. I have a herd of mixed minis - mostly nigerians with some pygmy types. They eat like deer eat, at face height first, then above, then graze.
As we will have our first freeze tonight, I broke out the first hay.
I live in Louisiana: wet winters with occasional freezes and very rare snow. The goats do well.

I'm in central Alberta, Canada and I have a Pigmy, ND and a Fainting goat. We get to -30C and colder at times in the winter. Goats winter great with proper shelter from all weather.
Mine are all fuzzy and happy with their self grown cashmere coats on. I have a heated water tank and they are happy with the water. I feed Timothy grass mix hay and supplement with grains at night.
All goats are tough. Just certain breeds are not as happy about certain weather.

I'm in central Alberta, Canada and I have a Pigmy, ND and a Fainting goat. We get to -30C and colder at times in the winter. Goats winter great with proper shelter from all weather.
Mine are all fuzzy and happy with their self grown cashmere coats on. I have a heated water tank and they are happy with the water. I feed Timothy grass mix hay and supplement with grains at night.
All goats are tough. Just certain breeds are not as happy about certain weather.
Yah TOUGH! Sometimes they think they are BOSS! And challenge us! But jersey is kind and has a soft heart ♥️

I have 8 goats at the moment. Rose, Mocha, Rowan, Summer, Alex, Fumby, Sally, and Gracie. They are mixed with all different sorts of breeds. Will try to upload pics if I can get them on camera! lol
What are the first signs of pregnancy?

I have 8 goats at the moment. Rose, Mocha, Rowan, Summer, Alex, Fumby, Sally, and Gracie. They are mixed with all different sorts of breeds. Will try to upload pics if I can get them on camera! lol
What are the first signs of pregnancy?
You have a buck or they were with one? If your does are over 6 months old and have been around a buck they are probably bred. First sign of pregnancy is when they don't come back in heat. If your buck is in with the herd, they will all settle down, and the buck smell will decrease. Most herds should be about through breeding and settling down now.

Back
Top Bottom