Going out to feed/maintain/..slip on shoe recommendations?

Pics

Katanahamon

Songster
Jun 25, 2021
Maybe an equipment or supplies thread or category would be good, if I’m not seeing it. Running outside constantly to play with, feed, clean, garden, etc..does anyone have any good slip on shoe recommendations? Especially the kind you don’t even have to bend over for? It’d be nice to have a dedicated “chickens” shoe that slips on and off quickly..

Maybe an equipment or supplies thread or category would be good, if I’m not seeing it. Running outside constantly to play with, feed, clean, garden, etc..does anyone have any good slip on shoe recommendations? Especially the kind you don’t even have to bend over for? It’d be nice to have a dedicated “chickens” shoe that slips on and off quickly..
Flip-flops for me! Plain and simple, waterproof too! Probably not for you if you want a nicer type of shoes, to I'd suggest sloggers. My mom uses them.

I love my Bogs Chelsea rain boots for warm weather.
44C19977-659A-4099-93CC-4BBA047BA562.jpeg

i use my old running shoes, with the laces loose enough to slip the shoes on easily.
Ditto on this. Once it gets cold and wet/messy/snowy, I have a pair of old boots. They don't slip on, but going out in the winter is more for purpose than entertainment. These are my "chicken shoes" and stay out in the mudroom.

Plain good old gumboots! Easy to slip on, no bending. .. I think I need taller ones though my cockerel pecked me to point of blood just above my boot! I think he was just overexcited for treats at that time.
IMG_20210512_114815.jpg

i use my old running shoes, with the laces loose enough to slip the shoes on easily. Also a pair of the taller water proof Muck Boots, for all weather wear. Both on a water proof tray by the back door, inside.
Mary
Except my girls have recently discovered the joy of untying my laces..seems like every one of them has learned this..I ordered some bogs on an above recommendation, may have to get taller boots for snow though…

Back
Top Bottom